SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Features | April Reads


April saw me turning to what I thought would be easier reads, with a mix of mostly YA and Contemporary tales. Within the YA genre I finally got around to reading two titles that had been sitting unread on my Kindle for years; My Life Next Door (Huntley Fitzpatrick) and Alex, Approximately (Jenn Bennett). I actually ended up really enjoying both of them, so on the one hand it's a shame I didn't read them sooner, but on the other hand they were perfect picks for lockdown!

For our April book club theme 'written by a POC', I chose to revisit Malorie Blackman's Pig Heart Boy; a story I remembered form when I was younger. It was interesting to read this book again as an adult and I thought the audiobook format was great.

Whilst I did really enjoy most of the books I picked up in April, my favourite had to be my re-read of The Seven Husbands Of Evelyn Hugo (Taylor Jenkins Reid) via audiobook. If you had asked me a month ago which book I preferred between Daisy Jones and Evelyn Hugo, I think I would've told you Daisy, but after revisiting Evelyn's tale I remembered just how much I loved it, so for now it sits in the top spot!

If you missed my review of The Seven Husbands Of Evelyn Hugo you can find it in the BB archives.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.