SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Features | On April's TBR

books april tbr

Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine, Gail Honeyman (2017)

Top of my April TBR is a book that everyone has been talking about; Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine. After weeks of sitting at 120-something in the library queue I decided I was too impatient to wait any longer and picked up my very own copy of the book when I spotted it for just £3.99 at the supermarket. I've heard nothing but amazing things about this one so I can't wait to finally read it!

The End We Start From, Megan Hunter (2017)

I first heard about The End We Start From when it was featured as part of the Belletrist book club last year and it's been sitting on my Goodreads TBR ever since. Initially I was drawn in by the beautiful cover and intriguing premise but thanks to the short page count it's also been sitting on my list of potential BB book club reads too!

Waking Gods, Sylvain Neuvel (2017)

This month I'm planning to try and cross another sequel off the list I shared back in January. Waking Gods is the follow up to Sleeping Giants and the second book in the Themis Files series. Whilst my local library doesn't have a physical copy of the book, they do have the CD audiobook version so I've decided to try that instead. One of my favourite things about the first book was actually the format which included journal entries, interviews, news articles and more so I think it will be interesting to see how well this translates into the audiobook format.

The Gender Games, Juno Dawson (2017)

Although I've read and enjoyed all of Juno's fiction titles I haven't yet picked up any of her non-fiction releases. I also haven't managed to squeeze in any non-fiction books since January so I'm really looking forward to reading The Gender Games this month. Again, I've heard so many great things about this book and I think it's going to be an interesting read.
 
Carmilla, J. Sheridan Le Fanu (1872)

The final title making it on to my list this month, and the only one not published in 2017, is of course our April book club title which was chosen by Kelly. I have to admit, I hadn't previously heard of this novella and it's not one I think I would have picked up if it weren't for the book club, so I'm looking forward to reading something a little different!

Which books are on your TBR this month?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.