SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

BB Book Club | April 2018 Roundup | Carmilla

This year we decided to launch our very own online book club, with a new book for you to join us in reading every month. April saw us read our first Classic Horror title Carmilla which was selected by Kelly. Here's our April infographic to tell you a little bit more...

bb book club april 2018 carmilla


Reader's comments and favourite quotes:

[On how the book compares to Dracula] "The old European setting, the aristocratic vampire, the wooing of the victim - there's plenty there!"

[On why the story appeals to a modern day audience] "I think it tells us a lot about who, or what, we fear."  - Kelly @ This Northern Gal

“Do you think,” I said at length, “That you will ever confide fully in me?” She turned round smiling, but made no answer, only continued to smile on me. “You won’t answer that?” I said. “You can’t answer pleasantly; I ought not to have asked you”


"I think the book appeals to the modern audience, I found the language used in the book accessible and easy to follow. I would recommend [Carmilla], I like a gothic mystery kind of story." - Cat

You, who live in towns, can have no idea how great an event the introduction of a new friend is, in such a solitude as surrounded us.


"Vampire stories aren't generally my thing so I wasn't sure what to expect from the book. I ended up enjoying Carmilla more than I had expected to and I'm glad Kelly chose it for the book club." - Erin @ A Natural Detour


Thank you to everyone who read along with us this month! If you would like to get involved with next month's BB Book Club check back here tomorrow where Ria will be introducing her selection for May.

You can also sign up to our mailing list to make sure you don't miss out on any future book club updates!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.