SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Being A Book Blogger | Interview with Lulu aka Lulu Frances Books

Welcome back to another installment of 'Being A Book Blogger', this time I'm talking to the lovely Lulu of Lulu Frances Books. Here's what she had to say about blogging, Catching Fire the movie and more...

IMG_3381
lfbheader
BB: For those who aren't already following 'Lulu Frances Books' could you tell us a little bit about the girl behind the blog & how you became a book blogger?

I have been an avid reader since kindergarden, where I taught myself how to read and as I grew up without TV I was always found with my nose in a book and a pile of books next to me...I started my first (fashion) blog in 2010 and my photography blog shortly after, oblivious to the fact that there was something like book blogs. One day last year in April I searched for a review on the book I was currently reading which led me to the first YA book blog I knew - yay! I was hooked and started reading more and more YA blogs until I decided I wanted my own one as well, at the start of this year. (Yeah I know, having two other blogs isn't enough huh :D)

BB: What is your favourite thing about being a book blogger?

Oh sooo much! I love finding out about new books and being able to discuss all bookish aspects with people that understand and I love reading book related news! Also, I noticed that I really enjoy writing reviews even if I don't do so too often compared to others and despite them being rather like me just chatting about the book to someone instead of analyzing it properly but yeah...

BB: Back in January you took part in our collaborative post all about our 2013 reading goals, how are you getting on with reaching your targets? have you managed to cross off any of the 5 books you vowed to read?

I said I wanted to read 75 books this year and I'm currently reading book number 28 and goodreads tells me I'm about 4% ahead of my goal, so that's going rather well. I actually also managed to read three of the books but have unfortunately not yet read Insurgent (I KNOW!!) and The Luxe (I said I'd review that on here - don't worry, as soon as I've read it I will!).

BB: As a big film fan myself I have to ask; you recently posted about the Catching Fire teaser trailer, which parts of the story are you most looking forward to seeing come to life on screen?

Ahhhh Catching Fire!!!! I'm so glad the film/ trailers are not a letdown compared to the books! I can't wait to see Sam Claflin as Finnick and I am also very curious about the arena, especially the "blood" rain and the crazy monkeys, wonder how that will be like.

catching fire2

BB: Here at BB we're always looking for recommendations which 3 books would you suggest that we need to pick up now?

Woah that is difficult. The book I'm reading right now - Darc Canopy - is amazing but unfortunately only in German so far... The Awaken series (by Katie Kacvinsky) deserves more recognition, great dystopian! And I recently finished This Is What Happy Looks Like which is incredibly sweet.

BB: Just for fun; If you could invite 5 famous characters to a dinner party who would you choose and why?

Well I'd say Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door, because her style was so inspiring, Jack from Blood Red Road because he is one of my book boyfriends haha and Katniss and Peeta, because - who wouldn't?! And maybe Holden Caulfield, he is hilarious. But this list is likely to change whenever you ask me so this is just who I feel like inviting now.

BB: Last question, which other book blogs or YouTube channels would you recommend to our readers?

You really want to get me started? Okay, I'll recommend only English speaking/writing blogs and channels because I think the majority of your readers understands that (but if anyone wants German blog recs - ask me!). I love Perpetual Page Turner, Jamie's blog is probably one of my all-time favs! And the girls from Titles and Teacups have a unique reviewing style that is fun to read.

My favourite youtube channels are bookables (you featured her here already - yay!), bookratmisty, jessethereader, polandbananabooks, katytastic, padfootandprongs...yeah all the famous ones basically. I also like bookreviewer21 who started the unread books tag!

You can find Lulu's blog here & Goodreads page here.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I'd like to say a huge thank you from all of us here at BB to Lulu for taking part in this interview.
If you are a booktuber or book blogger and would like to be featured in a similar post we'd love to hear from you - just email us at bloggersbookshelf@gmail.com for information!

Interview & post by Erin   

Catching Fire still from imdb.com

1 comment

  1. oh my gosh thanks!!!! i completely forgot about this until now because i was on holiday, sorry! but so cool :) xx

    ReplyDelete

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.