SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Fragments of the Lost | Megan Miranda | Review

I am almost didn't post this review because I have had an ARC of Fragments of the Lost for so long. While I was really intrigued by the premise of this book, I don't often reach for mysteries. I have to be in a very specific mood for them which meant that this poor book has been waiting patiently for me.

Fragments of the Lost is all about Jessa, who has somehow found herself with the job of packing up her ex-boyfriend's room after he is lost and announced dead when his car is totalled in a flood. Jessa finds herself surrounded with memories of the man she lost, and the relationship they had given up on in. Yet, as the last reminder of Caleb, she lingers as she packs up his things. Unfortunately, going through his room makes Jessa question what she thought she knew about Caleb's death and Caleb himself. Something doesn't quite add up. Jessa sets out to work out  what is missing.

I loved the character of Jessa and her development throughout the book. Between flashbacks to her relationship with Caleb and the changes she undergoes as Fragments of the Lost progresses, she is a very real character who you are really rooting for. This is especially true when you consider the emotional turmoil that she is subjected to.

It was also fascinating to piece together the mystery with Jessa. I definitely didn't anticipate all of the ending (though I had an inkling about some of it) and was hooked as I watched the story unfold.

In fact, I was so hooked that I devoured this book in one sitting. It was an easy enough read that I managed it in a few hours but captivating enough that I couldn't bear to put it down. If you're looking for a book to curl up with one evening, I would definitely recommend picking this up, especially now that the weather is straying away from summer.

Kelly

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.