SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Being A Book Blogger | Interview With Rapunzel aka Rapunzel The Blogger

Welcome to another edition of Being A Book blogger! Today I'm chatting to the lovely Rapunzel who blogs about books and shares her own writing over on her blog. Here's what she had to say about inspirations, favourite reads and advice on writing...

interview with rapunzel blogs

BB: Hi Rapunzel, welcome to Blogger's Bookshelf! Could you tell us a little bit more about the girl behind the blog?

Hi, I’m Rapunzel - a girl with a love for books, music and … physics. A bit of an odd mix, but you would be surprised at how well they go together. You never know when you might write a story about an astronaut who also plays the double bass! I think it’s a great thing to be able to write your own world to escape into and for others to share in that joy by reading about it.

BB: What made you decide to start a book blog? And what has been your favourite part of blogging so far?

I first started my book blog when I was stuck at home, feeling poorly with nothing to do. So of course, instead of resting, I designed a blog and posted my first short story. In the beginning, I don’t think anyone was reading it apart from my granddad! Yet slowly but surely, I gained a few readers at a time and now I am able to share my book reviews and creative ramblings with people I wouldn’t have otherwise met. That is my favourite thing; anyone from anywhere in the world can comment on my blog and it really makes my day.

BB: As well as posting reviews you also share your own short stories, monologues and poetry. How long have you been writing? Do you have any advice for any of our readers who might want to write their own original stories/poems?

I have been writing ever since I was able to, really, but I only started to make it a hobby when I was about twelve years old. At secondary school, they introduced us to the concept of monologues and I really liked the form of expressing a character’s deepest emotions, so I started trying to do it myself. If you want to write your own original poem or story, I would advise you to write from the heart about something which you are thinking about or feeling now and it will probably flow easier. Sometimes though, you just have to go for it and enjoy it. Who cares if it isn't perfect?

interview with rapunzel blogs

BB: Which authors would you say have been the biggest inspiration to you as a writer?

Ooh, that’s a tough one. Louise Rennison writes really funny books for teenage girls and I would like to be able to make people laugh in my writing too. Roald Dahl was also a fantastic writer and his books were probably the first ones I fell in love with as a little girl.

BB: We love a good recommendation, if you had to pick your top reads of the year so far which books would make the cut?

I would have to say The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole aged 13 ¾ by Sue Townsend because it made me laugh so much, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee because it’s such an amazing novel, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon which I have reviewed on my blog and the book I am currently reading, which is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak; it’s so good.

BB: Just for fun, if you had the power to bring one fictional character to life who would you choose and why?

There are loads of characters I would love to meet, but I think Paddington Bear from the books by Michael Bond would be a lot of fun. He’s always getting into mischief, but you could never be annoyed for too long because he’s so funny.

interview with rapunzel blogs

BB: Finally, we're always looking for new book blogs to read, do you have any favourites?

The top three blogs I read regularly (apart from this one of course!) are: Monthly Marker, Journal of a Bookworm & In the Life of Anna. The first two both contain book reviews and the last one is a lifestyle blog.
 

Where To Find Rapunzel Online: Blog | Bloglovin' | Google+

I'd like to say a huge thank you from all of us here at BB to Rapunzel for taking part in this interview. If you are a booktuber or book blogger and would like to be featured in a similar post we'd love to hear from you - just email us at bloggersbookshelf@gmail.com for information!

Images c/o Rapunzel

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.