SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Chocolate Wishes | Trisha Ashley | Reviewed by Laura

For Chloe her life revolves around chocolate. she creates sweet chocolatey heart shaped treats to sell all containing words of wisdom.  Her life however is about to take a turn as a new vicar turns up at the village, an ex band member, who is also Chloe's first love and the man who broke her heart many years ago.  The saying goes 'Some people never change' but maybe that is just a tired cliche. 

I picked this book up on a whim, it was on offer in my local supermarket and the front cover got me, plus it mentions chocolate and I was suddenly sold. The main character Chloe is very sweet and lovely, she's a strong woman who has brought up her younger brother after her own Mother left them. She is a strong minded woman, successful business woman who has made many sacrifices in order for her brother to have a good life. They live with their grandfather although they are definitely not the standard type of Grandfather you'd expect, he is in fact a Warlock. Which as you can imagine does not gel so well with the previous vicars in town.

The story line... I'm not really sure where to start with my comments. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it?! I found it to be incredibly detailed to the point where I really didn't feel I needed all the information that was given, some conversations between characters seemed just general chit-chat that as a reader I didn't care for. It took a long time for the story to get going, there was a lot of setting the scene a mist the characters. I can't say I really got into the story until probably 3/4 of the way through and by then it was almost too late.

The ending however I did really enjoy the pace seemed to pick up, the action came in leaps and bounds and finally all the characters settled down with the people they were of course supposed to end up with. Happily ever after.

If you like chic-lit and stories about chocolate then this book is perfect, although I wouldn't add it to the top of your to-read lists.


3/5 stars

This post was written by regular reviewer Laura, get to know her here.
Image from Goodreads

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.