SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

2014 Reading Goals Update #2

We last updated you on our 2014 challenges back in April, so today we're taking a look at what progress has been made since then...

challengeupdate2


Cat... 9/25 books read, 3/5 books vowed to read
After reading Yes Man I decided to go for another comedy and have just finished reading I, Partridge: We need to talk about Alan, which was brilliantly funny. I would definitely recommend if you are a fan of Mr Partridge! Since I finished this I have begun A Week in December by Sebastian Faulks, which has been really engaging so far and only a few pages in! There are a number of characters who have been introduced and somehow their stories are interwoven. After I have finished this I will be heading back to my vowed book list!

Anjali... 24/45 books read, 1/5 books vowed to read
Out of the 5 I need to read: I've still only read 1! I read The Elite, by Kiera Cass and enjoyed that. I have nearly all the others on my shelf, but have yet to get around to reading them. Actually, you know what? I've just finished a book, so I'm going to pick up The Perks of Being a Wallflower right now. There. Make that 1 and a bit books I've read from my 'must read' list. Other books I've read this year that I've enjoyed have been Sidekick, by Auralee Wallace (so cool!); Into the Still Blue, by Veronica Rossi (the last instalment of the Under the Never Sky Trilogy); and I also re-read The Giver, by Lois Lowry. I read this book when I was about 13/14 I think, but it was great re-reading it.

Erin... 50/50 books read, 4/5 books vowed to read
Looking at the numbers you can see that I have 'officially' completed my 2014 challenge however it doesn't feel like I should have as so many of the books have been short craft titles or graphic novels.  Although I've finished my Goodreads challenge I'm not doing so well on the other goal I set myself over on my own blog, which was based around trying to read a whole list of books that I already owned - I've only read 9 of the 24. Favourite reads since our last update have been Sidekick by Auralee Wallace & Say Her Name by James Dawson.

Alison... 8/20 books read, 2/5 books vowed to read
 Since the last update I've only read another three books so I am falling behind slightly but I've got a holiday coming up so fairly confident that I'll catch up! I've just finished A Game of Thrones, one of the books I vowed to read this year, which I loved but I need something a little shorter before going on to the next in the series. I'm also looking forward to the Edinburgh International Book Festival next month. I've booked a few tickets, but mostly I'm excited about their amazing on-site book store which always inspires me to get reading and discover new books and authors.

goalsupdate2

Ria... 13/50 books read, 2/5 books vowed to read
I'm slowly crawling through my challenges, as reading for pleasure took a nose dive as I finished University! I am getting back on track and have read some fantastic novels since I finished school. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart and The Virgin Suicides by Jefferey Eugenides have been my personal favourites. From my challenge list I recently finished Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. It was a much more pleasant experience to read than On The Road, but I knew Rowell wouldn't let me down when it came to a really great story with fantastic characters. As for the others on my list, I'm itching to get started on Say Her Name now that it's out. I've seen some really great reviews about it, though nearly all of them have to said to make sure to read it with the lights on to stave off the nightmares!

Kath... 41/75 books read, 2/5 books vowed to read
I wasn't completely sure that I'd get much reading done this year - but with 41 total books read so far I'm happy with my progress. All of my owned books are still in storage until next month, and I've been relying on my local library service to get my reading material. Luckily, they seem to have a fairly good selection. This does mean that I've only been able to get my hands on one of my books I vowed to read since the last update post, which was The Book Thief (it was amazing!).  My recent favourite books are without a doubt We Were Liars and Anna and the French Kiss. As I mentioned in April's update post, I'm trying to celebrate UK authors as much as possible, and that's definitely reflected in my reading and recommending habits.

Laura... 17/30 books, 1/5 books vowed to read
I have however still only read 1 out of my 5 books to read (Dawn French - A Tiny Bit Marvellous) oops. Better get on that.  My reading has slowed down quiet a lot of the past few months since moving house, all this decorating and unpacking has kept me away from my books (Especially as I had to find which box they were in!) It is however only 2 weeks until the summer holidays and I am off on holiday and shall be packing a whole pile of books to keep me company! I have recently read one of my favourite books of the year however I shall not say more than that as they'll be a review up soon :)



Thanks to everyone who contributed to this update post - see you in a few months for the next one! 
Images via Goodreads

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it's your turn to share! We'd love to know how you're getting on with your own goals and what books you've been loving in 2014 - don't forget to leave us a comment below :)

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.