SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

The Invisible Child and The Fir Tree | Tove Jansson | Review


I'm here today with something a little bit different. This book actually contains two short stories from the Moomin universe which have been repackaged into this stunning charity edition. 

Beautiful cover aside, this book is hoping to do some good with at least £4 from each book going towards Oxfam projects around the world which support women and girls. How could I not pick this up? At least this time my shelves would have a gorgeous new addition AND my money would be going towards something good. There's got to be some pluses to a book buying addiction, right?

Moving onto the stories themselves, I have to admit I wasn't really sure what to expect. I have very vague memories of the Moomins from when I was a child but nothing concrete. The odd story, a TV show perhaps. I was going in with very little knowledge (or memory) of what happened in this universe. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by how genuinely lovely these stories were. They filled me with the strange sense of nostalgia and warm-hearted-ness that all good children's stories should, leaving me with a definite smile on my face. 

I already know that I just have to re-read The Fir Tree closer to Christmas to help me get into the festive spirit and that I will be turning to The Invisible Child, over and over again. This is a really lovely story about a young girl finding happiness in her new life with the Moomins after being treated horribly elsewhere.

This won't take particularly long to read but I can't recommend checking it out enough. Grab a cuppa and get ready to smile. You know you want to.

Kelly x

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.