SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Features | The Pros and Cons of Binge-Reading a Series

binge read
1. When you get so engrossed in a book that you read it in one sitting - Urban Dictionary

Ah, binge-reading. That potentially joyous time of reading where you get sucked into a world of make-believe with little hope that you'll make it out the other side the same as when you began. Thanks to Urban Dictionary we have a definition of binge-read, however I'd like to take it one step further and talk about binge-reading an entire series, not just one book.

When you binge-read a series, I'm talking reading books 1 - 6 straight after one another, and not reading anything in between. It'll take you longer than the definition's 'one sitting', for sure, but it's binging all the same.

This year I've semi binge-read the Falling Kindgoms series by Morgan Rhodes, and by 'semi' I mean that there were some which I read with books in between, and a couple which I read one after the another. I'm still waiting book 6 from the library, so did I really binge-read the series? I don't know, you can make that call. But it got me thinking about it, and how there are many pros and cons to binge-reading an entire series in one go.

In true Blogger's Bookshelf style, I've made an infographic list for you. You'll notice I've included one item on both lists, as I truly couldn't decide if it were a pro or a con - perhaps it's dependant on what's happening around you at the time.

The pros and cons of binge reading a series - Blogger's Bookshelf Features


So what do you think? What have I missed off this list? Let us know in the comments! 

Shout out to Sophie and Aimee who Tweeted me a few of these ideas! Speaking of Tweeting, follow Blogger's Bookshelf for up-to-date posts, news and other bookish goodies!

Book element in infographic designed by Freepik

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.