SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

2016 Reading Challenge | Update #2


It's time to check in again and see how everyone is getting on with their goals/challenges for 2016. With only three months left in the year (where has the time gone?!) here's where we're at...

Cat... 4/5 books vowed to read
Since the last vowed to read update I have finished 'Amy and Rogers Epic Detour' by Morgan Matson which I absolutely loved! I still have 'A God in Ruins' to go! I'm hoping to start this after I finish my current read.

Rachel...
The #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks challenge is not something I've kept up with very well. Next year I'm going to need to moderate it so that I make sure to read 1 book from my TBR each month. The biggest pain is that I want to support authors by buying the books, but the rules do not allow that.

As far as my page goal of 25000 pages read, I'm past the 20k mark already and with the Dewey 24-Hour-Readathon coming up, I'm fairly certain I'll reach my 25k goal before early December.

Erin... 2/5 books vowed to read
Since the last update I have crossed one more book off of my non-fiction-filled list; Do No Harm by Henry Marsh. I'm still only partway through both Forensics (Val McDermid) and What If? (Randall Munroe) but hopefully I'll be bale to finish at least one of these before the year is out!

Anjali... 29/40 books read | 1/5 books vowed to read
According to Good Reads I'm currently 1 book behind schedule. I think that's because I've read quite a few longer books this year, and I'm trying to make it up. I've only read 1 of my vow-to-read books (yikes!), and that was Invasion of the Tearling, by Erika Johansen. I've just finished reading A Darker Shade of Magic, and it's sequel A Gathering of Shadows, by V.E. Schwab, and they are 100% my favourite books of the year so far. Amazing. 

So that's how we're getting on with our 2016 reading challenges so far. We'll be checking in again for a final update at the end of the year so keep an eye out in December. If you missed our last update be sure to check that out too!

Don't forget to leave us a comment and let us know how you've been getting on with your own reading goals and challenges for 2016!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.