SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Being A Book Blogger | Interview With Sophie aka The Ombre Diaries

It's time for another edition of Being A Book Blogger! Today we're welcoming Sophie, the girl behind brilliant new book blog The Ombre Diaries. Here's what she had to say about her favourite series, 2015 reading goal and being a witch for the day!


blog header

BB: Hi Sophie! For any of our readers who haven't yet discovered your blog The Ombré Diaries could you tell us a little bit more about the girl behind the blog?

Hello! My name is Sophie (as you probably know), I'm 12 years old and I am the founder of The Ombré Diaries book blog. I absolutely love historical fiction, contemporary and a little romance.

BB: You're fairly new to the book blogging world, what made you decide to start a blog and what has been the biggest challenge so far?

Well it was actually my best friend Erika from The Red Bookmark who told me I should start my own blog since I love to read. I'm glad I did, as I've realised how much I love blogging about books! There hasn't been very many 'big challenges', the biggest I can think of is probably choosing my blog name, and making sure you guys always have a new post to read!

BB: Do you have any reading goals for 2015?

I'm actually doing the Goodreads 2015 reading challenge. I've chosen to try and read 100 books. I know it's a lot, but I just seem to eat my way through books, and before you know it, you're out of things to read!

BB: You recently posted about the books you wish were made into movies. What are your favourite existing adaptations?

I'm going to say The Hunger Games. To be honest, I much preferred the books, I watched the film before them, but I was disappointed at how much they missed out from the books to put in the films. I understand that they can't put everything in the films otherwise they would be too long. I'm just saying I preferred the books.

photo

BB: We're always looking for new books to read, which 3 series would you recommend everyone should pick up?

The Hunger Games (definitely), the Secrets and Spies series by Jo MacAuley and the Firelight series by Sophie Jordan.

BB: Just for fun, if you could switch lives with any fictional character for just one day who would you choose and why?

Ooh this is a good one! A hard question - but a good one. Probably Hermione Granger. She's super clever, keen for school... but best of all, she gets to do magic and fly on broomsticks!

BB: Finally, we would love some recommendations, which book blogs are your favourites to read?

There are quite a few that I like to read, my 3 favourite are:

What She Reads
The Red Bookmark
It Was Lovely Reading You

I have so many more, but I'm pretty sure It would take too long to name them all. A Blogger's Bookshelf is on my list too!

Where To Find Sophie Online:
Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Images c/o Sophie


I'd like to say a huge thank you from all of us here at BB to Sophie for taking part in this interview.
If you are a booktuber or book blogger and would like to be featured in a similar post we'd love to hear from you - just email us at bloggersbookshelf@gmail.com for information!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.