SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Being A Book Blogger | Interview With Christina from Passion Obsession

Welcome to our latest Being A Book Blogger post, today featuring the lovely Christina, the girl behind book & lifestyle blog Passion Obsession. Here's what she had to say about NaNoWriMo, must-reads and exciting 2015 releases...

Christina Bookshelf

BB: For any of our readers who aren’t already subscribed to Passion Obsession could you tell us a little bit about yourself & the blog?

I’m Christina, a lover of scented candles, baked Camembert and (obviously) books. I’m a huge TV fanatic – loving everything from Vampire Diaries to Criminal Minds. I love the idea of having projects to work on, so I started Passion Obsession in 2011 with the hope of sharing my thoughts on everything I love. This quickly became mostly book-related and will hopefully develop into a YouTube channel in the near future!

BB: Where does your love of literature come from and what made you want to share reviews online?

My love of literature stemmed from a very creative childhood surrounded by bibliophiles, in particular my brother, James, who would read anything and everything. As a child, I read an average amount which then seemed to taper out as I hit my teenage years and developed a love for the Internet and sites like Habbo Hotel instead (oh how I loved Habbo.) It’s only been the last couple of years that I’ve become obsessed with reading & literature again and I can see it being a passion that continues for the rest of my life.

BB: We're always looking for new books to read, could you give us 5 books you'd recommend to everyone?

This is a tough one! I have plenty of books that I love but narrowing them down to five I would recommend to anyone is difficult!
My first would be The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. It is a wonderful coming-of-age story that can be read at any age.
Secondly, Random by Tom Leveen is another one I believe everyone should read. This book made me think about depression and it provoked a lot of emotion in me. Not enough people know about this book and it’s a shame.
Another one that resonated with me for months after reading was Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. It makes you think about how a little thing could negatively affect somebodies life and if enough of these little things collect, it could result in a huge catastrophic thing.
Black Box by Cassia Leo is another lesser-known book that I feel everybody should read. A lovely little romance that left me feeling warm and fuzzy inside.
Finally (and kind of a cheat), I recommend everybody read Wonder by R J Palacio. I’m only a third of the way through this book but already I can tell it’s going to be one of my favourites that I think everyone should read.


Passion Obsession | September Book Haul

BB: We're now approaching the end of 2014, are there any 2015 releases you're really looking forward to? 

2014 has been a great year for new releases, but 2015 looks even better. Some of my most anticipated releases are: Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver. It sounds incredible and she is an auto-buy for me, I love her style! Another great one is Sarah J Maas’s new release A Court of Thorns and Roses, which comes out in March and I couldn’t be more excited to start her new series!

BB: You recently blogged about taking part in NaNoWriMo this year. How did you decide what genre/type of story you wanted to create?

Yes! I’m doing NaNoWriMo this year and I’m so excited. If I’m being totally honest, my genre isn’t totally set in stone. I’m doing the technique of just writing straight from my head with very little planning – something I’m not sure will work but seems to have worked for me in the past so I’m going with it! My idea just stemmed from some of my past experiences and things I would have liked to have happened – sort of like my dream scenario mixed with aspects of my actual life, but with a supernatural/paranormal twist.

BB: If you could pick two fictional characters from different books/series to come together in a new book who would you want to see team up & what sort of story would it be?

Oh this is a great question! I’m going to stick with a contemporary theme and say Anna from Anna and the French Kiss and Cath from Fangirl. I think they’d be great friends! Anna loves movies and Cath loves fanfic – it could be a great combination!

BB: Who is your 'book crush'?

I’m not really sure I have a single book crush. I love Four but that seems like a clichéd answer. Levi from FanGirl is also adorable. Oh, actually Dean from Ignite by Lily Paradis is a big crush of mine. He’s so hot.

BB: Finally, which other book blogs would you recommend our readers go subscribe to? (after yours of course!)

I have so many book blogs I follow and would recommend! Bloggers Bookshelf, of course. A Perfection Called Books, Bound by Words and Delicious Reads are also great!

Where To Find Christina Online:
Blog - Passion Obsession
Twitter - @Christinax92x
Instagram - @Christinax92
Goodreads - Christinax92

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to say a huge thank you from all of us here at BB to Christina for taking part in this interview.
If you are a booktuber or book blogger and would like to be featured in a similar post we'd love to hear from you - just email us at bloggersbookshelf@gmail.com for information!

Interview & post by Erin | Images c/o Christina

1 comment

  1. Thanks so much for the interview :) I had fun!

    Christina | <a href="http://www.passionobsession.co.uk>Passion Obsession</a>

    ReplyDelete

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.