SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Being A Book Blogger | Interview with Emma from Reviews With Emma

Welcome to another Being A Book Blogger feature! Today we're talking with the lovely Emma from Reviews With Emma who also recently guest posted for us here at BB. Here's what she had to say about switching from lifestyle blogging to book blogging, TV adaptations and the appeal of YA...


Untitled design (2)


BB: For any of our readers who haven’t discovered your blog yet could you tell us a little bit about yourself & Reviews With Emma?

I am an avid reader and at the point of me making my blog, I didn't have any friends who really read as much or loved reading as much as I did and I wanted somewhere were I could talk about what books I love and which ones I didn't. I didn't start my blog off with the intention of becoming a book blogger, in fact I was more of a lifestyle blogger, but after a blogging break over the winter I decided that actually I wanted to just focus on books.

BB: Where does your passion for reading come from?

I'm not really sure, I guess I have just always grown up reading or having people read to me. My Mum and Dad are both avid readers so I guess that where I get it but also the form of escapism is something I really appreciate and wouldn't be able to live without.

BB: On your blog you mainly share reviews of YA books, specifically fantasy and contemporary YA – how did you get into these genres? Do you remember which books made you fall in love with YA?

I read a lot of YA because I fit into that category myself and so the characters are more easily identifiable (well, most of the time!). Fantasy has always been my favourite ever since Harry Potter came out and contemporary books give me a nice light break in between my slightly darker fantasy reads!

BB: Of all your reviews so far which are you most proud of, and which did you find the most difficult to write?

I am quite proud of my Throne of Glass review and City of Heavenly Fire review. I can't pinpoint a specific review that I found really difficult to write but occasionally if I really love or hate a book I can't put my feelings into words, which is irritating, so I end up choosing to not post a review on my blog but Goodreads instead until I can fathom my thoughts.

BB: Which five books are at the top of your TBR list right now?

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray, Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo, We Were Liars by E Lockhart and Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

emma books

BB: You have also blogged about TV series such as Merlin, Game Of Thrones and How I Met Your Mother. If you could choose one book that hasn’t yet been adapted to be turned into a TV show which one would it be and why?

Ah! Oh my goodness, this question is so hard because I feel like so many book to film adaptations are so bad, I think that Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas would be pretty cool and because it would be a TV series, hopefully they would be able to do the book justice, but I'm not sure if it would translate well to screen, I'd still watch it though!

BB: Just for fun, if you could swap lives for the day with any fictional character who would it be and why?

Hermione Granger, of course

BB: Finally, which bloggers (other than yourself of course!) would you recommend our readers go and subscribe to?

I follow, bloggersbookshelf (of course ;), myfriendsarefiction and priceiswong to name a few and I'm subscribed to a bunch of BookTubers, like Peruse Project, Sarah Churchill, ABookUtopia as well as a few more!


Visit Emma's blog here: Reviews With Emma

Social Media links:
Twitter - https://twitter.com/reviewswithemma
Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/emmamazey

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I'd like to say a huge thank you from all of us here at BB to Emma for taking part in this interview.
If you are a booktuber or book blogger and would like to be featured in a similar post we'd love to hear from you - just email us at bloggersbookshelf@gmail.com for information!

Interview & post by Erin
Cover images via Goodreads

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.