SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Being A Booktuber | Interview With Heather aka Bookables

As I'm sure many of you will be aware there is a whole community of YouTubers dedicated to talking all things books, often more lovingly referred to as Booktubers. From reviews to bookshelf tours, tags to TBR piles just like us book bloggers this group of bibliophiles will always have a great book recommendation to suit everyone.

Today we're lucky enough to be featuring an interview with one of my personal favourites - Heather aka Bookables! Heather's channel is fun, informative and full of personality - here's what she had to say about Being a Booktuber...

bookables

BB: For any of our readers who aren’t subscribed to your channel already could you tell us a little bit about yourself?

My name is Heather and I am 24 years old. While I am not the age bracket for the young adult genre, it is one of my favorites to read.

I have a Youtube channel under the name Bookables where you guessed it, I talk about books. I do Wrap ups/TBRs, reviews, book hauls as well as tv show and movie discussions. Simply put, I adore reading.

BB: What made you decide to create your own channel and were you ever nervous about starting to make videos?

I decided to venture into Youtube purely out of curiosity. When I stumbled onto the booktubing community I realized most of the people were just like me, just normal people that love to read. I decided what is there to lose and I have been making videos ever since. I was beyond nervous to make videos! My first video is a nightmare! It is full of bad lighting, the t.v on, and just plain old awkwardness.

BB: I love that you also talk about film and television, what do you think about Lauren Oliver’s Delirium series being turned into a tv show?

I didn't even know about that! Thanks for telling me! Now that I know, I'm pretty excited! My only fears with book to show adaptions is that they start off strong, staying true to the book then I feel like they stray from the book completely. That's not to say all book to show adaptions are bad, I just feel that they change the storylines alot. I am very excited for Delirium the show though!

BB: If you could choose one book that hasn’t yet been adapted to be turned into a movie which one would it be?

Oh boy, that's so hard because that's all the rage right now; turning books into movies. I would have to say The Maze Runner by James Dashner and Across the Universe by Beth Revis. Both of those would make great adventure movies.

heather 3

BB: Just for fun - if you could be best friends with any fictional character who would you choose and why?

Ronald Weasley. He would make me laugh all day and we would be best friends forever....I've thought about this multiple times!

BB: Back in January we posted about our reading goals for the year and each named 5 books or book series that we vowed to read in 2013. Which 5 books/series would make your list?

  1. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R Tolkien
  2. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead (I've read the first two..I just need to finish them all!)
  3. Any 2 Jane Austen novels
  4. Dualed by Elsie Chapman ( This is a 2013 debut, perhaps the one I'm most excited for)
  5. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green ( I need to read this like, yesterday)

heather tbr

BB: Finally, which booktubers (other than yourself of course!) would you recommend our readers go and subscribe to?

There are literally tons! This might be a long list because I want every booktuber the attention they deserve!


I know so many but they are all amazing!
  
You can find Heather's channel 'Bookables' by clicking here & her Goodreads profile here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to say a huge thank you from all of us here at BB to Heather for taking part in this interview.
If you are a booktuber or book blogger and would like to be featured in a similar post we'd love to hear from you - just email us at bloggersbookshelf@gmail.com for information!

Interview & post by Erin  
Book cover images from goodreads.com

5 comments

  1. This is awesome! I didn't even know there were such thing as Booktubers! Ignorant me, over here. But amazing! Thanks Heather! (and Erin!)
    P.S I didn't know that Delirium was being turned into a series!! Beyond excited about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is an interesting article about the tv show if you want to find out more - http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/01/delirium-by-lauren-oliver-headed-to-tv-what-book-to-screen-changes-to-expect-from-the-fox-pilot.html :)

      Delete
    2. Oooo. Thanks! Will check it out!

      Delete
  2. I love this post! I really enjoy these posts that are a bit different! And it's an interesting subject too! I need to pay more attention to booktubers and now I have a whole list to check out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how i love booktube *.* and Heather is so cool :) God bless xx

    ReplyDelete

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.