SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Features | My Favourite Book Shops

In the spirit of Christmas shopping, I thought I would share some of my favourite bookshops with you. I've decided to only share three today (though there are many more that I love) and they're all up north! But, as a very proud northerner, I see no issue with this...




  1. Waterstones, Newcastle. Now, not only does this Waterstones have an amazing cafe that's lovely to work in, a fantastic collection of books and the most helpful staff, it's also home to the Northern Book Bloggers who are some of the most wonderful people I know. I have a lot of love for Waterstones in general but the Newcastle store is a thing of beauty. Plus, the basement is a book lover's dream.
  2. Barter Books, Alnwick. I visited this recently on a staycation in Northumberland and I instantly fell in love with it. It's an old railway station that has been converted into a used bookshop. It is like Narnia and you could easily lose a few hours in there. 
  3. Toppings & Co, St Andrews. Even though I no longer live in Scotland, this will always be my favourite bookshop. It is just so welcoming. There is even a log fire and free cups of tea. Something about going to Toppings & Co always feels like coming home and they have a fantastic selection of books too, many of which are signed. What more could you want?
Kelly x

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.