SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Features | Books I Hope To Read Before The End Of The Year


With so few weeks left of 2018 it feels as though we're all racing to complete all of those reading challenges we set back in January. When I first started drafting this post I had no idea that Sophie had had a similar idea, but I thought it would still be fun to share my own list too! If you missed Sophie's post last week you can find it here.

Us Against You, Fredrik Backman (2017)


One of my favourite reads of this year so far would have to be Beartown, so it's no surprise I've been keen to read the sequel as soon as possible. I was originally planning to pick up a copy next year but when a recent Kindle Daily Deal email dropped into my inbox letting me know that Us Against You was on offer for just 99p, I snapped it up straight away and bumped it to the top of my TBR list!

IQ84, Haruki Murakami (2009)


Whilst it's highly unlikely I'll find the time to finish up all of my 2018 'vow to read list', I really want to make an effort to finally dive into 1Q84. If I'm completely honest I think I've been avoiding the book all year thanks to it's daunting 1300+ pagecount! Technically this edition is three books in one, so I'm hoping to at least read a good chunk of it by the end of the year.

The Blinds, Adam Sternbergh (2017)


This one makes the list as it has an incredibly intriguing synopsis, and just happens to be my latest library loan! From what I've heard, The Blinds is set to be quite a different read for me and I can't wait to find out more.

Savage Stone Age, Gorgeous Georgians & Incredible Incas, Terry Deary (1998-2000)


As you may have seen over on Goodreads, I've recently started re-reading some of the Horrible Histories books. These three are new additions to my collection, and a few of those in the series that I haven't read before. They're nice and short (but full of facts...) so I'm hoping to squeeze all three into my reading schedule before we jump into 2019!

Which books will you be reading in December?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.