SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

The Coffin Path | Katherine Clements | Review


It might not be Halloween any more but the dark nights mean that this is still the perfect time of year for a spooky read. If it is an unsettling or terrifying story that you want, then I wholeheartedly recommend The Coffin Path by Katherine Clements.

The Coffin Path is set on the Yorkshire moors and tells the story of Mercy Booth, a shepherdess and heiress to Scarcross Hall. Her home isn't the haven it once was and when strange occurrences threaten her peace, she is determined to do everything she can to keep Scarcross Hall. She is used to the harsh and sometimes cruel ways of the moors after all.

What follows is an unnerving and ghastly story that sets you on edge. Though I loved this book, I found that I could read more than 50 or so pages in  a go as I would get too scared! I also found myself choosing not to read The Coffin Path whenever I was home alone as I didn't trust myself not to be completely and utterly terrified. I will freely admit that I am a bit of a coward but I should warn you that it really is scary.

I also found that the tension built slowly and steadily until the last 100 pages or so. From there, the pace really picked up and I was utterly enthralled. I couldn't have put the book down if I had tried. As all of the strings came together, I was desperate to find out the secrets of Scarcross Hall.

Will you be the next to try and discover them?

Kelly

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.