SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Features | Reading Goals


A new year means new reading goals. Whether you've pledged to read 100 books on goodreads or just promised yourself that you'll read more non-fiction this year, you've probably already set some kind of reading goal for 2016. Mine is just to read as many of the unread books in my bookcase as I possibly can. (Easier said than done when so many excellent new books keep coming out!)

I have never officially taken part in the goodreads yearly reading challenges but I do secretly try to read at leat 52 books every year and I keep a list of all the books I've read each year so that I can easily see what I've read when December comes around. I've been doing this for the past three years and in 2015 I broke my own record, reading nearly 70 books in one year. Pleased as I am with that number though, there are other things in terms of my reading that I am more proud of this year.

Last year I took part in my first readathon and read seven books in seven days for the booktubeathon, I also read and reviewed all 13 books in the Gossip Girl series for my blog, and I finally finished T. H. White's The Once and Future King, after taking a break from it for over a year. I read Frankenstein and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland for the first time, and three of the Sherlock Holmes books. Three years from now I know I'll remember all of those things, but I doubt I'll be able to remember how many books I read in 2015 without checking the list again.

I would like to read more classics this year, and I would like to really make a dent in my TBR, but in terms of numbers I'm not too worried. I don't expect to read as many books in 2016 as I did last year and I certainly don't expect to read any more 13 book series. As long as I read a lot of books I enjoy, I'll consider it a good reading year.

Have you set any reading goals for 2016? I'd love to hear about them in the comments!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.