SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Features | My 2016 Reading Goals

For my first Blogger's Bookshelf post of 2016 thought I would share my new reading goals for the year ahead. Last year I decided against setting any overall target numbers, instead opting for small goals such as aiming for five re-reads and setting my 'books I vow to read' list here at BB. This year I've settled on a similar mix of smaller goals, here's a little more about each of them...

Re-Read More! 
Having successfully completed my 2015 re-reads challenge I found that I really enjoyed revisiting some old reads and am even kicking off the new year with no less than three more! Whilst there are lots of new titles I'm looking forward to picking up, I'm also hoping to find time for a few more re-reads in 2016 too.

Take Part In A Set Challenge...
In addition to making re-reading a permanent fixture in my schedule I'm also planning to have a go at Popsugar's 2016 Reading Challenge which includes 40 different mini goals, ranging from a book with a blue cover to a New York Times bestseller - and everything in between! I've chosen this particular list as I'm hoping it may encourage me to read a few things I might not normally pick out for myself. There's also a handy printable to keep track of your list if you want to join in!

& A Readathon!
This one makes the list as it's something I've never done before. I'm not too sure how I'll get on with this particular type of challenge but I'd really like to give it a try this year. I haven't yet settled on which readathon I want to go for but if you have any ideas, or are hosting one, please leave a comment and let me know!

Make Time For Non-Fiction
As always I'll also be picking out five titles as part of the 'books we vow to read' challenge we host here at Blogger's Bookshelf each year. We haven't shared our lists yet (look out for the post in a couple of weeks time) but I'm planning to stick to a theme this year; non-fiction. Up until a few years ago I was much more likely to pick out a non-fiction book than a novel (mostly film-related at the time!) and so for the 2016 challenge I have a selection of five non-fiction titles lined up.

What are your reading goals for 2016?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.