SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Anna and the French Kiss | Stephanie Perkins | Review


I don’t read romance. Most of the time, I think of relationships and romance in the books that I read as an unfortunate by-product of the story that I could probably do without. Anna and the French Kiss might have changed that.

In Anna and the French Kiss Anna is shipped off to Paris for her senior year, which she is less than happy about. That is until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Hot, charming, welcoming – he’s everything Anna wants, apart from available.

Stephanie Perkins creates perfectly imagined characters in the beautiful city of Paris. Anna is undoubtedly real, unashamedly so – she’s impulsive, she’s emotional, and she’s selfish at times. What more would you expect of a teenager whose parents have sent her half way around the world to finish school in a country with a language that she doesn’t even speak. And I’m yet to find a person who has read this novel that isn’t at least a little bit in love with Étienne St. Clair.

Admittedly, if you’re trying to take a “deep read” of the novel, you can find plenty of flaws with it. It’s not ground breaking, it’s cliché, it’s not profound – it’s light and funny and cute. It’s likeable and the characters are likeable and I enjoyed almost every moment of reading it. I’m not ashamed to say that I added it to my favourite’s shelf, because I could easily read it again and again. I undoubtedly give it five stars.

This review was written by regular reviewer Kath, get to know her here
Image c/o goodreads

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.