SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Book Club | December 2019 - Judge A Book By It's Cover


For our 2019 BB Book Club we've put together a printable list of twelve different prompts. On the 1st day of each month, we'll be introducing you to the month's prompt and the books team members each plan to read, along with some other suggested reads we think you'll love. Of course, these are just ideas so please feel free to interpret the prompts however you wish!

We're also inviting you to share photos and mini reviews of your book club picks on social media using #bookshelfbookclub and tag @bloggersbookshelf on Instagram.

Our prompt for December is... Judge A Book By It's Cover (aka A Cover You Love)



What we'll be reading...


Anjali's Pick: Serpent and Dove by Shelby Mahurin

"While snakes on book covers do seem to be quite popular at the moment, I really do like the cover of Serpent and Dove. It's dramatic but almost elegant at the same time, and I love the contrasting gold on the black and dark greys. It's also relatively simple, but includes a lot of textural details too, which I love. While I've read mixed reviews for the story itself, I'm still looking forward to picking this up!"

Erin's Pick: The Gifted School by Bruce Holsinger

"This book has been on my TBR since the summer and I thought it would fit this prompt well as I really like the colours and dreamlike design of the cover. As I haven't been buying any books this year I haven't gotten around to reading it yet but noticed this week that it has been added to my library's catalogue and marked as 'on order'. So, I'm currently first in the queue and hoping a copy will be in stock before the end of the year. If not, I'll be sure to pick up an alternative title for December's book club."

Other suggested reads...

This post from the BB archives has some great suggestions!




Use the hashtag #bookshelfbookclub and tag @bloggersbookshelf on Instagram to share your photos and mini reviews with us throughout the month!
 
Follow

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.