SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Book Club | April 2019 Roundup

Our book club theme for April was 'non-fiction' and once again we saw a huge variety of selections from the BB community.

Thank you to everyone who shared photos and mini reviews over on social media throughout the month. We loved seeing your selections and finding new titles for our TBRs. Below are a selection of our favourite images and mini reviews shared over on Instagram.





A post shared by Rachel (@booksinmyhallway) on


Girl Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis


"I have to be honest and tell you guys I didn't finish this book. Not because I wasn't enjoying, but just because I started it too late in the month. But the parts that I have read so far have been really great. Hollis breaks up the book in three sections: Part One - Excuses to Let Go Of; Part Two - Behaviours to Adopt; and Part Three - Skills to Acquire. In short, the book is full of stories from Hollis' life, and how she (and in turn, we) can better take hold of our lives and embrace the dreams and goals we have, no matter how big they are." -@anjalikay



View this post on Instagram

We’ve been reading non-fiction for this month’s @bloggersbookshelf Book Club and I’ve been reading about Gerald Durrell’s childhood adventures with the wildlife of Corfu. Gerald Durrell’s easy, humorous writing style makes even the story about his accidentally causing the kitchen to be covered in baby scorpions fun to read, although I have to admit, I found the gecko fighting a little more difficult. I can’t wait to get my hands on the next two books in Durrell’s Corfu series. - Next month we’re choosing from the Penguin Modern series for our book club choices and I already have Daphne Du Maurier’s The Breakthrough ready to go! - #bloggersbookshelf #bookshelfbookclub #bookstagram #bookbloggers #currentlyreading #instabooks #reading #books #bookworm #booklove #bookcovers #prettybooks #beautifulbooks #instabooks #bibliophile #vsco #vscocam #vscobooks #igreads #booklover #myfamilyandotheranimals #geralddurrell
A post shared by Anastasia Gammon (@stasialikescakes) on


The People V. O. J. Simpson by Jeffrey Toobin

"It's been a pretty busy month so unfortunately I haven't quite found time to read all of my April book club pick (or do a huge amount of reading at all!). So far I've found the book to be an interesting read and am hoping to finish it soon." - Erin








Has anyone else got the Monday feels today although it's Tuesday? If so, you're not alone, I'm right there with you! - I finished Unnatural causes today and my gosh did it hit me in all the feels! Such a human journey through the life of a forensic pathologist and the stories of the dead he's been able to tell. Can't wait to type up my review! - I'm attempting to read only non-fiction this month, which is April's prompt from @bloggersbookshelf. Next on my pile is War Doctor by David Nott. I was gifted this read from @picadorbooks via the Swansea Bloggers Collective. It tells the true story of a front-line trauma surgeon. I have been hugely looking forward to reading this one and can't wait to share my thoughts with you all! - . . . . . #davidnotts #wardoctor #sbcollective #swanseawaterstones #gifted #nonfictionapril #bloggersbookshelf #proof #picadorbooks #picador #bookstagrammer #bookstagram #booksandcoffee #coffeestop #caffieneaddict #amreading #currentlyreading #currentread #tbr #costabreaks #reading #paperback #aprilreads #februaryrelease
A post shared by Danielle (@obsessed_with_all_books) on


We'll be introducing May's book club tomorrow so don't forget to check back!
Use the hashtag #bookshelfbookclub and tag @bloggersbookshelf to share your photos and mini reviews with us throughout the month.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.