SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Features | 5 Sequels I Hope To Read in 2019


I don't know about you guys, but I tend to either go all in with a series and read the whole thing start to finish, or read one book in a series, wait 6 months to a year, forget about it, remember it again, forget what happened in a story and try to remember before picking up book two. There's no in between.

This year past I read a decent amount of sequels but missed a few that I really wanted to read. I thought it would be worth while to make a list of some of the sequels that I'd really love to read next year, in the hopes that putting it 'down on paper' so to speak, will actually make me pick them.

Shadow of Night, by Deborah Darkness

I really enjoyed the first in this series, A Discovery of Witches. But I read that way back in 2013. Five years ago! The TV show that came out this year is actually really good and from what I can remember, they're holding true to the story pretty well. I'm amusing Season 2 will follow book 2, so I really need to read that before the show returns (though I'm not sure when that will be).

The Mime Order, by Samantha Shannon

Another one I really liked the first book of. This one was a slightly more recent read, 'recent' being 2015. I remember really enjoying this book and it's interesting futuristic feel, but with monsters and magic. I gave it a four stars on Goodreads, so I am keen to pick up the story again.

Empire of Storms, by Sarah J Maas

It's becoming my own little tradition to read a Sarah J Maas book at the beginning of every year. It's taken me years to get through to this the fifth book in the Throne of Glass series, but I'm slowly getting there. This coming May I'm off to see Maas at the Auckland Writer's Festival, so I'm hoping I can catch up before then. Or at least get this one read.

The Devil's Thief, by Lisa Maxwell

The first in this series, The Last Magician, was one of my top five favourite books that I read in 2018, so I'm hoping that it's sequel will be just as good. I have yet to buy it yet, but if Christmas and my birthday (in January) don't quite deliver it, then I'll be gifting it to myself.

Queen of Air and Darkness, by Cassandra Clare

The final installment in Clare's The Dark Artifices series, this book came out a few weeks ago and I am really looking forward to picking it up. I suspect this will be a read in the first few weeks, so I think out of this list, this is one most likely to actually happen.

What sequels do you hope to pick up in 2019? 

Photo by Maciej Ostrowski on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.