SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Features | 2016 Favourites... So Far!


I have no idea how it's already May but now we're almost halfway through 2016 I thought it would be a great time to share my favourite reads of the year so far. From the nineteen I've finished reading to date I've picked out my top three recommendations to share with you...

Confessions, Kanae Minato (2008) - translated by Stephen Snyder
I'm honestly not sure how I stumbled across Confessions, but I know I'm glad that I did. This creepy Japanese thriller introduces a teacher who knows that pupils in her class are responsible for the death of her young daughter. The chapters are told from various viewpoints and there's lots of twists and turns to keep you guessing until the very end. Now I just need to set aside a couple of hours to watch the 2011 adaptation which is also supposed to be amazing!

Kindred Spirits, Rainbow Rowell (2016)
Like many bloggers I was keen to get my hands on Rainbow Rowell's latest offering, a 96-page story released for World Book Day. The short story is all about Star Wars superfan Elena and the weird and wonderful adventure she finds herself on whilst queueing up to see The Force Awakens. Although only short, Kindred Spirits has the same charm and lovable characters as Rowell's popular novels.

And Then There Were None, Agatha Christie (1939)
And Then There Were None is the story of ten strangers, invited to an island and all accused of a crime. When their mysterious host fails to show and things start to go wrong, the group realise that there may be a murderer among them. Was this the first Agatha Christie novel I've read? Yes. Was that thanks to the BBC adaptation being so good? Yes. Would I read more? Well actually, yes!

Which books have you been enjoying in 2016 so far?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.