SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Features | My Year In Books

Walk with me, down the bookshelves of memory lane...

One of my favourite features of Goodreads is how they create a beautiful infographic at the end of each year of all the books you've read in the past 12 months. Not only does it look amazing (shout out to their graphics department), but it's a real walk down memory lane. Some of the books I see on the list make me annoyed, because they were such a let down, but on the flip side, I'm reminded of great books I read earlier in the year that I perhaps haven't thought of in a while. Needless to say my re-read list gets a little bigger at this time of year.

I thought it would be fun, as my last post of 2018, to share with you some of the highlights from my book year, thanks to Goodreads.

This year I managed to read quite a few 5 star books, but at the same time managed to get quite a few duds in the mix. I usually find that most years are a mix of 3s and 4s, with the odd 5 thrown in, but either better books came out this past year or I'm getting better at picking. Who knows, but I find it interesting how much it can change year to year. You'll see my top five faves from the year in our group post, but it was pretty hard to pick just 5!

One of the things I wanted to do this year was get into comic books and graphic novels. I managed to read seven of eleven (I think?!) Runaways comics, and read a couple of graphic novels too. Hopefully next year I can a get few more in, so if you have any suggestions, please do let me know!

As you can see, I read 76 books this year, and that's a huge number for me. My goal was 45, but I think the reason I surpassed it so dramatically is because a) all those comics, and b) our Book Club this year was full of really short books, which pumped up the goal every month.

Overall, a great reading year! What about you? What did your reading year look like?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.