SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Features | Controversial book opinions

Warning: This post contains mild spoilers for A Court Of Thorns And Roses and Allegiant. If you don't want to read these, only read up to number 4.

Most of the time, I do seem to agree with what everyone else appears to be saying in the book blogger world. However, I definitely have some opinions about certain books that not many people seem to agree on and I thought it would be fun to share them with you...*prepares to be attacked by fangirls for daring to say I don't like a certain book*. Anyway let's get started with he one which is probably already obvious from the picture which is,

1) I like Twillight 
Yes this book had problems. And yes, the Edward Jacob love trying did get a little tedious at times. However, as a whole I enjoyed the series. It was exactly what I hoped it would be, which was a vaguely entertaining romance with elements of fantasy and action in there as well. I personally don't think its as badly written as people that it is.

2) I didn't like The Dealthy Hallows
I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter but the last book was such a disappointment to me. I hate to say this but I found it kind of boring. They spent what felt like the entire book doing nothing but camping. Maybe it was because I had such high expectations for it considering the other books, and its the only book I've ever been so excited for that I bought it on the day it came out. However, I far preferred the previous 6 books.

3) Will Grayson Will Grayson is my favourite John Green book
Everyone goes on about TFIOS and paper towns, and whilst I do love both those books I think Will Grayson Will Grayson is better and doesn't get the hype that it deserves. Having two authors with completely different writing styles writing alternating chapters could turn out so wrong, but the contrast works amazingly. While we are on the topic of John Green...

4) I really didn't like Looking For Alaska
I expected to love this book and did enjoy the first half, the second half was, in my opinion, awful. In fact I disliked it so much I didn't even finish the book, and I very rarely do that. After the event in the middle of the book the rest of the story felt pointless, and I didn't bond with the main character at all. I just couldn't get into it. I'm still a huge fan of John Green, but I think that being a fan of someone doesn't mean you can't be critical of what they create and that you have to like everything they produce as some people seem to think.

5) I ship Lucien and Feyre
I just finished A Court Of Thorns And Roses and loved it, but I kind of felt like Tamlin was a bit of a meh character. There wasn't anything wrong with him, he was just a bit boring. By far my favourite character in the book was the hilariously sarcastic Lucien who I think would have been a much better fit for Feyre.

6) I loved the Allegiant ending
Yes it completely ripped my heart out. However, it was a great decision, and it made the trilogy as whole a little bit more powerful. If I had the chance to change it, I wouldn't.

So those are some of my controversial book opinions. I'm sorry if I just dissed your favourite book, but hey everyones allowed to express their own opinion sometimes  (although if you choose to express your unpopular opinion of a fandom on tumblr then I am not responsible for the consequences)
Katie x

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.