SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Being A Book Blogger | Interview With Joy aka Burn Or Buy That Book

It's time for another Being A Book Blogger post where we chat to the writer behind one of our favourite blogs! Today we're talking to the lovely Joy who blogs over at Burn Or Buy That Book. Here's what she had to say about all things books, including why she started a blog and her love of Historical Fiction...

burn or buy that book interview with joy


BB: Hi Joy! Let's start with introductions, for anyone who hasn't come across Burn Or Buy That Book yet could you tell us a little bit about the girl behind the blog?

Hello everyone! My name is Joy and I'm a 21 year old bookblogger from Belgium, that's the little country  stuck between France and Germany, famous for its beer and chocolate. I graduated as a journalist in June 2014, but as there's little hope of finding a job atm, I decided to study History-English to become a teacher, so I can spread my love of history!

BB: How did you get into book blogging and what is your favourite thing about it?

It started out as a school project. We had to blog about a certain topic, mine was the Royal British family, and by the time the project was over, I had fallen in love with blogging. It took me a while to decide what I could blog about, though. I'm not really into make-up and lifestyle.  So I decided to blog about books. 
What I love about being a bookblogger is that I can change people's mind about reading. Most people I know don't like reading. They don't want to commit to a book, it takes up to much time they say.  But then I blog about a book and they read it and they fall in love with reading again. It's my mission to make people enjoy reading again.

burn or buy that book interview with joy


BB: Of all your reviews so far which are you most proud of, and which did you find the most difficult to write?

Hmm, I was really surprised that I liked Looking for Alaska, I'm not really into young adult. So I found it fun to write the review. I kind of started the book with a negative mindset, but the book changed my view of young adult novels.
So I think that is one of my favorite reviews. Although I like the others as well.

BB: We're always looking for new books to read! Which three books are at the top of your TBR list right now?

I'm eagerly awaiting the new Philippa Gregory novel. It'll be about Katherine Parr, Henry VIII last wife. I am a huge Tudor fan, so I can't wait to read it!.
There also a novel about William the conqueror on my TBR list that I really want tot dive into. The last book I'm looking forward to is the new Karin Slaughter. But I'm waiting for the Dutch translation, as I have all her books in Dutch, it would look odd to have one English book among the Dutch ones. Petty it always take ages to translate a book into Dutch. I should do it myself really.

BB: If you had to choose just one genre to read for the rest of your life which one would it be and why?

Historical Fiction definitely. I absolutely love this genre, and most books I own are HF. I've always loved history as a kid. No fairytales for me, but stories of the world wars. In highschool, it kind of withered away, but then in my last year of Highschool, I read The White Queen by Philippa Gregory and I fell in love with history again. It's one of the reasons why I study history at the moment. I love learning about the past, but in a narrative way. Especially learning about history through the eyes of women. But here I am, rambling about history again....

BB: Just for fun, if you could live in any fictional world which one would you choose?

That it a really hard question. I would like to live at the court of Edward IV. He had one of the most splendid courts of medieval courts in Europe. Although being a woman during the middle ages is not something I would like though.

burn or buy that book interview with joy


BB: Finally, we would love some recommendations, which book blogs are your favourites to read?

I like to read the review of The Beauty of Literature, especially her bookshop reviews.
Another one I like is Imogen's typewriter.

Where to find Joy online: Website | Bloglovin' | Twitter

I'd like to say a huge thank you from all of us here at BB to Joy for taking part in this interview. If you are a booktuber or book blogger and would like to be featured in a similar post we'd love to hear from you - just email us at bloggersbookshelf@gmail.com for information!

Images c/o Joy

1 comment

  1. sajib pal6:08 am

    This
    post is very useful for us. Because we have a lot of

    tips and tricks from this post... Thank you for this amazing post share. I many

    tips about job circular
    as well. If you want to know more about a career sites, please visit our
    website.

    www.bd-career.com

    ReplyDelete

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.