SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Being A Book Blogger | Interview with Alexandra aka The Library Of Alexandra

Welcome to another instalment of Being A Book Blogger! Today's interview is with the very lovely Alexandra who writes 'The Library Of Alexandra'. Here's what she had to say about favourite genres, the tougher side of reviewing and strong female characters...

large-circle-10


BB: Let's start off with introductions! Tell us a little bit about the girl behind 'The Library Of Alexandra' & how you got started as a book blogger

I originally started off blogging about my year abroad in England but quickly realized that I liked talking about books more! As an English Literature major and now a library science graduate student, I am immersed in books all the time. I thought it was only fair to share a little bit about what I learned!

BB: If you had to list your top three favourite reads of 2013 so far which books would make the cut?

If I absolutely had to pick I’d say The Bookman’s Tale by Charlie Lovett, The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon and The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller.

BB: Of all your reviews so far which are you most proud of, and which did you find the most difficult to write?

I’m most proud of my review for The Song of Achilles – probably because it was the most difficult to write. The language in that book is just so incredible and the story is so beautiful that I had a hard time putting my reaction into words. All of the drafts were worth it when Madeline Miller thanked me for reviewing!

alexandra interview


BB: If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life which one would you choose and why?

This is really really difficult! I generally have three books of differing genres going at any given time. More than anything I enjoy a good historical mystery, preferably set in the late 1800s. I’d really miss my YA and literary fiction though!

BB: Do you have any favourite book to film/tv adaptations?

I'll have to go with the quintessential answer and say Pride and Prejudice, both the BBC and Keira Knightley versions. I'm also partial to the adaptions of The Virgin Suicides, Call the Midwife and A Midsummer Night's Dream with Kevin Kline.

BB: Now for the fun questions! If you could invite 5 fictional characters to a dinner party who would you choose and why?

Pressia from Pure, Paige Mahoney from The Bone Season, Tris Prior from Divergent, Katniss Everdeen from Hunger Games, and Tally Youngblood from Uglies. They're all such strong female characters that I'd love to just sit around and hear them talk about the future.

BB: Who is your 'book crush'?

Matthew Clairmont from A Discovery of Witches.

BB: Finally, are there any book blogs or YouTube channels you would like recommend to our readers?




Find Alexandra's blog here!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to say a huge thank you from all of us here at BB to Alexandra for taking part in this interview.
If you are a booktuber or book blogger and would like to be featured in a similar post we'd love to hear from you - just email us at bloggersbookshelf@gmail.com for information!

Interview & post by Erin 
Images via Alexandra & Goodreads


No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.