SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Book Club | April 2020 Roundup



Our April 2020 book club is complete! Our theme was 'written by a POC' and there are several great recommendations below to add to your summer reading lists. Thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts and photos this month and if you missed out on April why not join in for our May theme which will be introduced here and over on our Instagram page tomorrow.







My choice for this month’s @bloggersbookshelf #bookshelfbookclub and my Muggle Studies choice for the #owlsreadathon2020, On the Come Up is the story of Bri, a teenager who wants, more than anything, to make it as a rapper so she can help her family and get out of the neighbourhood that killed her father. No one writes like Angie Thomas. She captures that authentic teen voice in a way that few authors can and I’m pleased to say that this book packs every bit as much of a punch as The Hate U Give. Although, this one didn’t make me cry as much, which probably makes me like it a tiny bit more tbh. - #vsco #vscocam #bloggersbookshelf #bookstagram #vscobooks #bookworm #booklove #prettybooks #beautifulbooks #instabooks #bibliophile #igreads #booklover #bookreview #coolgirlsread #readeverywhere #readmorebooks #onthecomeup #idratherbereading #bookaddict #cozyreading #readingbringsjoy #potterhead #pottergram #wizardingworld #hogwartsismyhome #hogwartsforever #owlsreadathon
A post shared by Anastasia Gammon | Writer (@stasialikescakes) on


Yes No Maybe So by Becky Albertalli and Aisha Saeed


"I think I’ll read pretty much read anything by Becky Albertalli; her books are always a fun read. I’ve never read anything by Aisha Saeed before, but now I want to look into what else she’s written. Yes No Maybe So was co-written by the two authors, with each taking a character, alternating chapters. I really enjoyed this book! It was a tad predictable in places, but overall a really enjoyable YA read." - Anjali



Pig Heart Boy by Malorie Blackman


"I loved revisiting this book which I remember from my childhood. I opted for the audiobook version, which was only around five and a half hours, and really enjoyed it. Definitely one to pick up if you've never read it!" - Erin






We'll be introducing May's book club tomorrow so don't forget to check back! Use the hashtag #bloggersbookshelf or tag @bloggersbookshelf to share your photos and mini reviews with us throughout the month.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.