SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Book Club | October 2020 Roundup




Happy Halloween everyone! For Blogger's Bookshelf's 8th birthday month of October we decided to revisit some of our favourite 5-star reads. Here's a little more about some of the books Team BB chose to read...


View this post on Instagram

"Be a little kinder than you have to." - We Were Liars, E. Lockhart (Ain't that an appropriate motto for the times we live in now!) • It's been a while since I read We Were Liars and I tentatively picked it as my re-read for this month's @bloggersbookshelf after giving it five stars a few years ago 😬 Maybe it's because we're so close to an incredibly heightened political period and are so close to the US Election but I was more acutely aware of the commentary on privilege, class and race on this read, which made the more personal aspects of the story even more interesting. Oh and the plot twist? Still there's be through a loop even though I vaguely remembered what was coming! I was worried a book like this I held so dear to my heart at the time wouldn't hold up but I'm glad to report it's five star rating still holds true ✨

A post shared by Ria Cagampang ✨ (@rcagz) on

 

A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab

"One of my favourite books EVER has to be A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab. I adore this world she's created (to be honest, I love all worlds she creates), and the first time I read this book I fell in love with the characters, the storytelling, the setting ... everything! I'm pleased to say that it has kept up its brilliance even several years after that first read. Still, a 5-start read for me!" - Anjali

 

Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Hicks

"The perfect read for October, this fall-pumpkin-filled-autumnal graphic novel is still as stinkin' adorable as it was the first time I read it in 2019. If you're after a really sweet graphic novel with beautiful illustrations, brilliant characters, all set in a pumpkin patch on Halloween, this is your book. Get on it! (Still 5 stars, by the way.)" - Anjali

Find reviews of these titles in the BB archives:

- A Darker Shade Of Magic

- Dangerous Girls

- We Were Liars


We'll be introducing November's book club tomorrow so don't forget to check back! Use the hashtag #bloggersbookshelf or tag @bloggersbookshelf to share your photos and mini-reviews with us throughout the month.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.