SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

You had me at Hello | Mhairi Mcfarlane | Reviewed by Laura

What happens when the one that got away comes back? Ben and Rachel were the best of friends, it was them against... well everything and everyone. But then as University came to an end suddenly their friendship died too.  Over a decade later they walk back into each others lives, but time has moved on, they have grown-up and moved on... or have they? 

This book is exactly what it says on the tin and that is not a bad thing. It's chic-lit and if you are looking for an easy, predictable, likable read this this book is perfect, it fits it's genre brilliantly. I have to say this book got me at the front cover (I know never judge a book by it's cover) and I was not disappointed. 


Rachel and Ben haven't seen each other for 10 years so although they used to know each other we get almost a new friendship building along with flashbacks of their time together at university - they are just the nicest, most lovable and cute main characters you could wish for.  We do however get more than just a love story, we get friendships stories too, as Mindy, Ivor and Caroline being Rachel's best friends and support network. 


I loved the story line as predictable as it was, it drew me in and made me angry that and impatient and drove me a little crazy a times. But alas it was not just the plot that frustrated me but there are also characters that are there for you to dislike - Hello Simon and Zoe!!


I would absolutely recommend this book to any chic-lit fan, it's definitely a perfect holiday read for the summer!


 

4/5 stars

This post was written by regular reviewer Laura, get to know her here.
Image from Goodreads

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.