SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Being A Booktuber | Interview with Heba aka Hebdanchannel

Welcome to another instalment of Being A Booktuber! Today's interview is with a new booktuber named Heba. Here's what she had to say about her passion for reading, starting out on YouTube and the idea of being Katniss Everdeen...

photo

- Hi Heba, you're new to the world of Booktube - could you tell our readers a little bit more about the girl behind Hebdanchannel?

Hi everyone! My name is Heba and am a medical student. I live in a crazy adventurous country, where I learned so many crazy languages. I speak 4 so far and am learning 2 others, that are, Japanese and Malay. My hobby is to read books more than anything in the world and that hopefully wont change.

- Where does your passion for reading come from & why did you decide it was time to start your own book channel?

Well, it all started in primary school, a small bus (actually a library in a bus) used to come to our school monthly, whenever that bus came to us, I used to feel these unexplained excitement and rush immediately to the bus and grabbed any book possible. My teacher encouraged me along the way to read more children story books. Moreover, in my last year in primary school my teacher used to always encourage me to read books and that's where this teeny tiny passion originated.

Regarding why I decided whether it was time to start a book channel or not. Well, that is a hard question to answer. I actually don't really know. I'm the kind of people who does things out of whim, but I have an intention, and that is to expose people to reading. I know lots of people who "hates" reading which is really a sad matter, if I started this book channel, these people might start to re-think, open their mind and start to read.

- Were you nervous about posting your first video? How did you overcome this?

I was not nervous, I was very excited and I had to calm myself from time to time. 

- Which 3 Booktube channels are your biggest inspirations?

Actually they're only two so far. One called Thereadables and the other called booksandquills. Quite pretty ladies.

6148028- If you had to a favourite of all the books you've read so far in 2013 which one would make the cut?

Catching fire!

- Now for a couple of fun questions! If you could swap lives for the day with any fictional character who would you choose?

For sake of fun, I'd choose to be Katniss. I have no other character in mind at the moment

- If you had the chance to invite 5 fictional characters to a dinner party who would you choose and why?

Katniss, I like her rudeness, its endearing :p. Charlie from the perks of being a wallflower, I want to talk to him more that's all. Peeta, he seems to be a nice calm guy. I can't think of the other two, but perhaps by time they'll just pop up.

- Last up, we're always looking for blog & YouTube recommendations to pass onto our readers - any channels, besides your own of course, that you think we should check out?

Thereadables and booksandquills!

Find Heba's channel here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to say a huge thank you from all of us here at BB to Heba for taking part in this interview.
If you are a booktuber or book blogger and would like to be featured in a similar post we'd love to hear from you - just email us at bloggersbookshelf@gmail.com for information!

Interview & post by Erin 

Logo images c/o Heba, Catching Fire cover via goodreads.com

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.