SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Book Club | March 2019 - An Animal Or Creature In The Title

bloggers bookshelf book club 2019

For our 2019 BB Book Club we've put together a printable list of twelve different prompts. On the 1st day of each month, we'll be introducing you to the month's prompt and the books team members each plan to read, along with some other suggested reads we think you'll love. Of course, these are just ideas so please feel free to interpret the prompts however you wish!

We're also inviting you to share photos and mini reviews of your book club picks on social media using #bookshelfbookclub and tag @bloggersbookshelf on Instagram.

Our prompt for March is... An Animal Or Creature In The Title


march book club 2019

What we'll be reading...


Ria's Pick: The Tusk That Did The Damage by Tania James

"I stumbled upon this read when I was looking for books that were set in India, before I visited the country back in 2017. The plot looked really unusual, in that one of the narrators is actually an elephant, plus the story itself was set in one of the regions we'd be visiting. I didn't get to read this before I went on holiday, but I'm hoping that the story will feel even more vivid, as I've now actually been to Kerala (where the book is set) and saw elephants in a sanctuary there too!"

Erin's Pick: Wolf By Wolf by Ryan Graudin

"Just like last month, I've decided to use our book club to tackle my TBR list with a title that's been sitting unread on my Kindle for two years. Set in 1956, the book follows an alternate version of history, where Hitler prevailed and a young former death camp prisoner sets out to kill him. Whilst historical fiction is not a genre I tend to reach for often, I've heard nothing but great things about this series and I'm hoping I'll enjoy it as much as everyone else."

Anjali's Pick: Percy Jackson & the Sea Of Monsters by Rick Riordan

"One of my vow to read books this year was Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief, which I've already read. Thought this month's theme was the perfect opportunity to keep the series going! Looking forward to reading this one!"


Other suggested reads...

- Six Of Crows (Leigh Bardugo) - review
- Lion (Saroo Brierly)
- Tigers In Red Weather (Liza Klaussman)
- Turtles All The Way Down (John Green) - review
- Dear Mrs Bird (AJ Pearce) - review
- White Rabbit, Red Wolf (Tom Pollock) - review
- A Monster Calls (Patrick Ness)
- Monsters (Emerald Fennell)
- The Moth (Catherine Burns) - review

 
Use the hashtag #bookshelfbookclub and tag @bloggersbookshelf on Instagram to share your photos and mini reviews with us throughout the month!
 
Follow

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.