SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Features | 10 YA Novels I'm Looking Forward To in 2019


I realise we're halfway through March already (already?!) but I keep seeing books on Goodreads and blogger's early ARC reviews of novels that are coming out this year. I have to say, I am definitely looking forward to what this year will bring to my bookshelves.

With that in mind, I thought it would be fun to pile a list of some of the Young Adult books that I'm really looking forward to, with a few honourable mentions of books that have already hit the shelves.

Features | 10 YA Novels I'm Looking Forward To in 2019


Once & Future, by Amy Rose Capetta and  Cori McCarthy (March)

This is just about to be released, and it sounds super neat. This is a gender-bending retelling of none other than the great King Arthur. It's Sci-Fi too, so it should be a really interesting, hopefully very unique take on an old tale.

Wicked Saints, by Emily A. Duncan (April)

"A girl who can speak to gods must save her people without destroying herself. A prince in danger must decide who to trust. A boy with a monstrous secret waits in the wings. Together, they must assassinate the king and stop the war." I don't think I need to say more.

The Red Scrolls of Magicby Cassandra Clare and Wesley Chu (April)

The next Shadowhunter book coming out is the first in The Eldest Curses series, which is focused on Alec and Magnus travelling around Europe, I believe. While I struggled through the latest Shadowhunter book, Queen of Air and Darkness (it was 880 pages long you guys! That's about 400 pages too many!) I am looking forward to this series.

Finale, by Stephanie Garber (May)

I should probably read the second in this series before this one comes out, but I really enjoyed Caraval, the first in this series by Garber.

Romanov, by Nadine Brandes (May)

I'm so so so looking forward to this re-telling of Anastasia and the Romanov family. One of my all-time favourite kids movies is Anastasia and I don't think it gets enough credit at all. I believe it's on Netflix at the moment, so you guys should totally get on that train. It's wonderful.



Stepsister, by Jennifer Donnelly  (May)

Another re-telling to add to the list, this time for Cinderella. But it's a flip on the story we all know so well (perhaps too well?), and told from one of the stepsister's perspectives.

Sorcery of Thorns, by Margaret Rogerson (June)

This one is about magic and libraries. Could a book have any greater potential? It also looks to be a stand-alone, which I can totally get behind (don't get me wrong I love series, but it's also nice to dive into a stand-alone fantasy every now and then).

Pumpkinheadsby Rainbow Rowell (August)

Um, hello. Another Rainbow Rowell book is coming out and this time it's a YA graphic novel! This looks super cute.

Wayward Son, by Rainbow Rowell (September)

The long-anticipated sequel to Carry On, which was never meant to have a sequel, is finally coming! I am so looking forward to this book! Check out my review of Carry On here and Sophie's review here.

Chain of Gold, by Cassandra Clare (November)

Another start of another series in the Shadowhunter world from Clare, The Last Hours series is jumping back in time to sit somewhere between The Infernal Devices series and The Mortal Instruments series. Really looking forward to this one, too!


Honourable mentions

These books have already been released sometime in the past 2.5 months, but I haven't got around to reading them yet. Let me know what you think of them if you've already managed to have a read!

  • King of Scars, by Leigh Bardugo
  • The Gilded Wolves, by Roshani Chokshi
  • Two Can Keep a Secret, by Karen M. McManus
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely, by Brigid Kemmerer 
  • Four Dead Queens, by Astrid Scholte
  • Evermore, by Sara Holland
  • Enchantée, by Gita Trelease 
  • Circle of Shadows, by Evelyn Skye
  • Crown of Feathers, by Nicki Pau Preto 
  • Ship of Smoke and Steel, by Django Wexler 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.