SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Feature | John Green Reading Soundtracks


Reading many of John Green's books I always felt his stories lend themselves well to churning up a fantastic cinematic scores and after the release of TFIOS we definitely saw how much the movie's soundtrack played a role in creating the atmosphere for the film. The Paper Towns soundtrack is just as awesome, and with Looking For Alaska (potentially) on the horizon I'm definitely excited to see how the musical direction of the movies corresponds to the themes of the book.

You may remember our fab June group post last year, where our contributors created reading playlists to accompany some of their favourite novels. Off the back of that I thought I'd get musically creative and make up my own reading soundtracks for all of John Green's novels. I won't bore you with plot summaries too much (they're all on GoodReads if you haven't read these yet!), but I'll let the music do the talking for the theme, feel and journey of each story

Looking For Alaska
"...if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane.” 



Paper Towns 
“Margo always loved mysteries. And in everything that came afterward, I could never stop thinking that maybe she loved mysteries so much that she became one.” 


An Abundance of Katherines 
“Here's to all the places we went. And all the places we'll go. And here's to me, whispering again and again and again and again: iloveyou”


Will Grayson/Will Grayson
“Some people have lives; some people have music.”


The Fault In Our Stars
“You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.” 


No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.