SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Feature | 10 Young Adult Books Being Released in 2021 I'm Looking Forward To

We may be a few months into 2021 already but here are some Young Adult novels to look forward to!

The beginning of the year is always exciting for me because we have another whole year of books coming out, ready to be eagerly devoured by readers.

Despite the urgh of 2020, 2021 is looking mighty fine because of all these epic books coming out! I've been checking out articles and Goodreads Lists over the last few weeks to remind myself of what I'm meant to be excited about, and thought I'd do a bit of a roundup of 10 Young Adult novels I'm looking forward to this year.


1. Rule of Wolves (King of Scars, #2) by Leigh Bardugo

Talk to anyone I know and they're telling you how much I love this universe that Bardugo has created. Rule of Wolves is the second in the King od Scars duology, following one of the characters in the Shadow and Bone series. I really enjoyed King of Scars, so can't wait for Rule of Wolves comes out!

Release date: 30 March

2. Chain of Iron (The Last Hours, #2) by Cassandra Clare

Another Cassandra Clare book you say? Sign me up! If you've been around Blogger's Bookshelf for any length of time then you'll probably now just how much I enjoyed her books. The first in this series, Chain of Gold was out in March 2020 after a delay, and I loved the characters and the general vibe of this book a lot more than her previous Shadowhunter series. Needless to say, definitely looking forward to Chain of Iron!

Release date: 2 March

3. Lore by Alexandra Bracken 

So here's the thing. I review books for publishing companies, which means I often get books before they're on the shelves. Lore by Alexandra Bracken was out in January but I scored it in December and it was brilliant. I so loved the combination of our world and Ancient Greece. I'm a big classics fan, so it was a great combo!

Release date: 5 January

4. The Box in the Woods by Maureen Johnson 

We're big fans of Maureen Johnson here at BB. Most of us who have read her Truly Devious series have loved it. The Box in the Woods follows on from the Truly Devious series, though doesn't follow the same storyline. As far as I can work out, it follows Stevie, the main character, as she heads off somewhere where she stumbles upon another murder. Cue murder solving and brilliance. Here for it!

Release date: 15 June

5. Heartstopper: Volume Four (Heartstopper #4) by Alice Oseman 

The world doesn't deserve Alice Oseman. Her stories are pure gold and the Heartstopper graphic novel series is no different. This is such a great series and I'm so looking forward to number four!

Release date: 13 May

6. Concrete Rose (The Hate U Give #0) by Angie Thomas

Another book that's already come out, Concrete Rose by the phenomenal Andie Thomas follows Star from The Hate U Give's father as he battles his way through high school as a young father. It's another great story from Thomas, which such important messages. While I didn't love this one as much as THUG, it's still a brilliant read and I highly recommend it, especially if you read and loved THUG.

Release date: 12 January

7. Perfect on Paper by Sophie Gonzales 

To be completely honest, I didn't know this book was being released until I was putting this post together. But I read Sophie Gonzales' book Only Mostly Devastated and really enjoyed that. I haven't read anything else by Gonzale's and this one looks like a lot of fun. Also, Goodreads tells me it's 'Leah on the Offbeat meets To All the Boys I've Loved Before' so you know, that sounds great.

Release date: 9 March

8. Blade of Secrets (Bladesmith #1) by Tricia Levenseller 

Daughter of the Pirate King (and it's sequel) by Levenseller is such a great book. I enjoyed it so much so when I saw that another one of Levenseller's books was being released this year, it was a quick addition to my Goodreads' Want to Read list. 'A teenage blacksmith with social anxiety accepts a commission from the wrong person and is forced to go on the run to protect the world from the most powerful magical sword she's ever made.' Yup! Let's gooooo.

Release date: 4 May

9. Any Way the Wind Blows (Simon Snow #3) by Rainbow Rowell

When an author says 'there won't be a sequel' and then you're blessed with two ... ! All heavens come at once. However, I suspect this will be the last one. But Rainbow Rowell is finally releasing Any Way the Wind Blow which is the third (and final?) instalment of the Simon Snow series. Check out our reviews of Carry On and also Wayward Son

Release date: 6 July

10. Bridge of Souls (Cassidy Blake #3) by Victoria Schwab

Okay, I cheated. Bridge of Souls is a middle-grade book but I love this series by Schwab! It's so sweet and entertaining at the same time and there so many ghosts in it it's brilliant. This is the third and final instalment of the Cassidy Blake series, and while I'm looking forward to reading it, I also don't want it to end.

Release date: 2 March

Young Adult Releases in 2021: The Shoutouts

What books are you looking forward to this year? 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.