SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Features | Delightful Dedications


They're short, they're snappy, they're delightful. Dedications are a great way to start a book. 

Not only does a dedication give you some insight into an author's life (especially if they give a reason for the dedication), but they can often be quirky, funny, have inside jokes that only the dedicate-ee (not a word?) gets, or perhaps gives a tip of the hat to past books in a series, but they're often heartwarming and a beautiful way to begin a book.

Just like the acknowledgements at the end of a novel, I always find myself reading the dedication. Over the years I've read some truly beautiful ones, some quirky ones, and a couple of very out-there ones. I thought it would be fun to take a look at some of the dedications that can be found in the first pages of some of the book on my shelf. Enjoy!

The Bad Beginning, by Lemony Snicket | The End, by Lemony Snicket:

A note: While we're on the subject of Lemony Snicket, you should check out all the rest of his dedications in A Series of Unfortunate Events. They're just as golden as these ones.

The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis:

Anansi Boys, by Neil Gaiman:


The Selection, by Kiera Cass:


A Darker Shade of Magic, by V.E. Schwab:


Tiger Lily, by Jodi Lynn Anderson:


The Bane Chronicles, by Cassandra Clare:


Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell:


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling:


A Note: Perhaps my favourite of all time.


Fun fact about me: I actually have a book dedicated to me (and my sister). Okay, so it was a book written by my dad, but it still counts, right?

What about you? Do you have favourite dedications?


No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.