SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Wonder | R. J. Palacio | Review


The world has been telling me to read Wonder for a while and I have finally listened.

Wonder is the story of August, a young boy who finds himself attending school for the first time. Due to spending the first ten years of his life in and out of surgery, August has always been home schooled until his parents decided that it was time for him to attend the local school and make some new friends.

I don't want to tell you too much more about the plot because I think it would be difficult to do without any major spoilers. Just trust me that you should give this a go.

What follows is a heartwarming and uplifitng story about family, trust, loyalty and kindness. This book was so wonderful to read, even if it did make me cry. On a couple of occasions. It was an emotional rollercoaster from the first page to the last but I loved reading it the whole way through. Every time I found my heart broken, R. J. Palacio returned to the themes of friendship and kindness and made me smile all over again.

I really loved the fact that the novel was from multiple perspectives and hearing not only August's story, but that of his family and friends. It was a lovely touch to an already touching novel.

I would definitely recommend this book but it does come with a you'll-probably-cry-warning.

Kelly x


No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.