SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Features | Sequels On My 2018 TBR



With the new year brings new reading goals! In the past I've set myself various goals from making time for re-reads and specific genres to joining in with a readathon and of course the Popsugar challenges, but today’s list was inspired by something a little different.

Whilst I never really imagined there would be a follow up to Wade and co’s adventure, it was recently announced that a Ready Player One sequel is in the works. Although there's no release date yet, this got me thinking about the other sequels currently sitting unread on my TBR and I concluded it was about time I finally made an effort to cross a few off the list! Looking through my Goodreads shelves there were four particular titles that stood out to me so I've decided to tackle them as part of my reading goals for the year ahead.

Waking Gods, Sylvain Neuvel (Themis Files #2) 

First up I have chosen science fiction title Waking Gods, the second book in the Themis Files series. I read the first book, Sleeping Giants, last year and really enjoyed both the concept and the unique way the story was told through interviews, journal entries, news articles, reports and logs. The third book titled Only Human is due for release in May too, so I’m hoping to catch up on both before the year is out!

The Last Star, Rick Yancey (The 5th Wave #3)

This one makes it onto the list despite the fact that so far this hasn't been one of my favourite YA series. Whilst I did enjoy both The 5th Wave and The Infinite Sea overall, I seem to have unpopular opinions about the trilogy; preferring the second book to the first and quite enjoying the cinematic adaptation of the first book (which has a 15% on Rotten Tomatoes). Still curious to see how the series would end I added the third book to my TBR back in 2016 so I think it's about time for me to hit the library and find out!

Always & Forever Lara Jean, Jenny Han (To All The Boys I've Loved Before #3) 

Another trilogy I'm hoping to finish this year is Jenny Han's YA Contemporary To All The Boys I've Loved Before which follows teenager Lara Jean. This book was actually on my 'vow to read' list for 2017 and I had reserved a copy from the library, but unfortunately I was quite a long way down the list so I'm still waiting! Whilst this series isn't exactly the genre I've been reaching for lately, I enjoyed the first two books back in 2016 and am keen to find out how the story will end.

Sidekick Returns, Auralee Wallace (Sidekick In The City #2)

Back in 2014 I read the Netgalley description for a debut novel about a female superhero and decided to take a chance on it. I ended up loving the book (catch my review here) but unfortunately when the sequel was due for release I wasn’t able to commit to reviewing any ARCs and somehow never quite managed to catch up. Last year I picked up a Kindle copy of Sidekick Returns and I’m looking forward to finally revisiting the world and characters introduced in Sidekick - although it’s been such a long time I may need to reread the first book beforehand!


Follow

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.