SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Even The Darkest Stars | Heather Fawcett | Review

 
One of my favourite things about the FairyLoot boxes is that they introduce me to books that I wouldn’t usually pick up. In this case, they introduced me to a book that I probably wouldn’t pick up and ended up loving.

The book in question?

Even the Darkest Stars by Heather Fawcett. This is a fast paced adventure story about Kamzin, who has already dreamed of being the Royal Explorer. When the opportunity comes to join an expedition up an untrekable mountain, she is desperate to join. It just so happens that it is nowhere near as simple as she initially thought.

This truly is a great adventure, full of exciting twists and turns. Some of them were a little predictable but there were plenty more to keep me entertained. I particularly used the way Heather Fawcett handled magic in this story. It was truly intriguing. One of my favourite things however had to be the way she wrote dragons. Rather than the epic beasts they usually are in fantasy books, they were more like cute little house pets with chores of their own to do! It was so unusual and I absolutely loved it.

I have to admit that I wasn’t the biggest fan of the romance subplot in Even the Darkest Stars but it didn’t take away from the fact that I did enjoy the book as a whole. Some of it bored me a little so I skipped it to get to the good stuff - the expedition itself.

Kelly x

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.