Bookish Links #22
Wednesday, 7 September 2016
Welcome to Bookish Links - our monthly list of awesome links from around the web! Here's some of the articles we've been reading and loving lately, don't forget to let us know if you read/write any articles you'd like us to share!
1. To Pre-Order Or Not? - in this article Tiffany talks about why she never pre-orders books. Are you with her on this one, or are you someone who can't resist placing their orders months in advance?
2. Write Like A Grrl - we thoroughly enjoyed reading about Ria's recent adventures at a writing workshop in London over on her personal blog. Have you ever attended an event like this? Let us know in the comments!
3. Re-reads! - Ava shared her thoughts on re-reading and the nine reasons she loves to revisit old favourites. Are you a re-reader?
4. Pointless Reviews?! - Jenny recently wrote a post inspired by the comment "I don't see the point of book reviews, they're irrelevant". What are your thoughts on the matter?
5. Love At First Sight - in this post Anjali talked about the books she purchased thanks to their gorgeous covers. Do you ever buy books based on their covers? We'd love to hear your thoughts!
6. GardenDreamsDecor - if you're looking for a unique bookish gift you may like these garden decorations that caught our eye over on Etsy, where each metal decoration has a tiny book cover inside the centre of the flower!
7. Cliffhangers - we found Ranu's thoughts on cliffhangers to be an interesting read. Which books do you think have the best (or most frustrating) cliffhanger endings?
8. Writing In The Margins - over on her blog, Jillian discussed how she annotates her books. Do you fill the margins of your favourite reads with notes, use highlighters to pick out the best quotes and post it note thoughts for reviews? Let us know in the comments!
9. Changing Tastes - in this post Jamie talks about the change in her relationship with a long-time favourite go-to genre; contemporary YA. Do you go through phases when it comes to favourite genre?
10. Talking Feminism - we really enjoyed this video where Amber chats to popular UK YA author Holly Bourne about Feminism and more. Don't forget to subscribe whilst you're there!
11. Love For YA... - we think YA is an important genre and that's why we wanted to share Laura's post on five reasons why you should read YA! She even includes a list of recommendations - have you read them all yet?
12. & More Love For YA! - our final post of the roundup is another focused on YA! In this article Annika responds to a post shared on the Guardian and discusses why no one is "too old" for YA.
If you've read or written an interesting bookish article you think our readers would enjoy please let us know - it may be featured in a future post!
Labels: bookish links