SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Being A Book Blogger | Interview With Rebecca aka Shihtzu Book Reviews

It's interview time again! Today we're chatting to the lovely Rebecca of Shihtzu Book Reviews who you may remember as the girl behind the Harry Potter Emoji Tag guest post we shared back in May. Here's what she had to say about perfect casting, the pets behind the blog name and correcting a teacher at nursery!...


shihtzu book reviews interviewshihtzu book reviews interview


BB: Hi Rebecca! For anyone who hasn't yet discovered Shihtzu Book Reviews could you tell us a little bit more about yourself?

I'm pretty much Queen of the nerds - my time is usually spent either writing fanfiction for the many fandoms I am a part of (Harry Potter, Carmilla etcetera and so forth), reading anything I can get my hands on, or watching shows like Game of Thrones, Supernatural, Star Trek - TRIBBLE INVASION!! Hahaha!

BB: Where does your passion for reading come from? And what made you want to start a book blog?

I've been a bookworm ever since I can remember. My mum says that when I was in nursery, I corrected the teacher when she was reading us a story. I just have to laugh at that particular anecdote. As for my little book blog, I somehow stumbled onto this blog, and it led me to a load of other book blogs. It looked really interesting, so I figured I'd give it a go - starting off with just reviews, and then my fancast posts came to life, and it's just sort of grown from there. The name actually comes from my four gorgeous Shih Tzus - as you can see in the pictures.

shihtzu book reviews interviewshihtzu book reviews interview


BB: Of all your reviews so far which are you most proud of?

I had a lot of fun reviewing The Carrie Diaries actually - it was a fun review to write, and I feel like it really encapsulates my blogging voice (which is still developing, but getting there).

BB: If you had to list your favourite reads of 2015 so far which books would make the cut?

I don't usually read recent releases, usually because I don't hear about them until they've been out for like a year, but I'm definitely looking forward to reading Cassandra Clare's new Shadowhunter series 'The Dark Artifices', and also Ransom Riggs' new Miss Peregrine book when it comes out in the autumn. Those are definitely on my to-read list when they are released.

BB: On Wednesdays you share Fancast posts for some of your favourite reads, but which existing adaptations do you think have been perfectly cast?

The Youtube channel GeekAndSundry did an amazeballs webseries adaptation of the Morganville Vampires series last year, and the casting for that was just so on point, I was so impressed. There's also the casting for next year's The Mortal Instruments tv adaptation that is literally the most perfect thing in the world. I can't wait to see Harry Shum Jr. and Matthew Daddario getting it on as one of my all time favourite LGBT book couples, Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood. Bring on next year already!

shihtzu book reviews interviewshihtzu book reviews interview


BB: Just for fun, if you had the power to bring one fictional character to life who would you choose and why?

Ooh, that's a hard one..... Hmm, I guess I'd probably bring Hermione Granger to life, because she's one of the most badass female characters in modern literature, and imagine how cool it would be to hang out with Hermione? Dream come true - well, at least for me.

BB: Finally, we're always looking for new book blogs to read, do you have any favourites?

This blog, obviously because it's the one that started me off and gets me interested din new book-related stuff.

BasicallyBooks - https://basicallybooksblog.wordpress.com
JackCroxall - http://jackcroxall.co.uk
ADateWithABook - http://datesbooks.blogspot.co.uk

Where to find Rebecca online: Blog | Tumblr | Goodreads | Instagram

I'd like to say a huge thank you from all of us here at BB to Rebecca for taking part in this interview. If you are a booktuber or book blogger and would like to be featured in a similar post we'd love to hear from you - just email us at bloggersbookshelf@gmail.com for information!

Images c/o Rebecca

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.