SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Book Club | June 2020 Roundup




Our theme for June's book club was to read a book written by an author with the same initals as you. Here are a selection of the books chosen by Team BB and our readers...



The Other Alcott by Elise Hooper

"The Other Alcott tells the story of Little Women author Louisa May Alcott's younger sister May, an aspiring artist and the inspiration behind Amy March. I picked up this book, having read Little Women earlier this year, as I thought that the concept was really interesting and whilst I enjoyed the idea of May trying to find her own voice and chasing her dream to become a successful artist, sadly, on the whole, the book just wasn't for me. Having said that, I found the author's note explaining how she came to tell this particular story and which parts were inspired by real events/people etc, an interesting addition." - Erin


View this post on Instagram

I found it really tricky finding a book to match this month's Book CLub theme - an author who shares your initials. Apparently there aren't too many A-Ks out there.⁠ ⁠ But I settled on a book I've been meaning to read for a while (the joys of book club!): These Broken Stars, by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner.⁠ ⁠ Are you joining us for Blogger's Bookshelf Book Club this month? What are you reading? - Anjali (@anjalikay)⁠ ⁠ You can find the link to the June Book Club post on the blog in our profile.⁠ ⁠ ----------⁠ ⁠ ⁠ #bookstagram #bookbloggers #bookclub #bloggersbookshelf #instabooks #reading #bookcovers #prettybooks #beautifulbooks #booklovers #shareyourbooks #books #bookworm #readingchallenge #bbloggersbookclub #thesebrokenstars

A post shared by Blogger's Bookshelf (@bloggersbookshelf) on


These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

"Like I mentioned in the above Instagram post on Blogger's Bookshelf, I really struggled to find my initials this month! Luckily, I remembered I had These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman (and Meagan Spooner, but her initials don't match mine) on my shelf which I was keen to read. I've had it for a while now, so it was a joy to finally have an excuse to pick it up (not that I should have needed one, but you know, so many books). Overall I did really enjoy it! Science Fiction usually isn't my jam as a book genre, but I found it really worked for this book and I want to read the next ones now!" - Anjali

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer 

"Joining the rest of the book community wanting to reread Twilight before Midnight Sun came out. It’s been I think around 10 years since I read it so I don’t really remember all the storyline. I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it although that was very much ignoring the whole Edwards a creepy stalker... have talked for like 3 days ‘Bella you are my life now’ what a weight on your shoulders!" - Sophie


We'll be introducing July's book club tomorrow so don't forget to check back! Use the hashtag #bloggersbookshelf or tag @bloggersbookshelf to share your photos and mini-reviews with us throughout the month.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.