SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Book Club | April 2019 - A Non-Fiction Title


For our 2019 BB Book Club we've put together a printable list of twelve different prompts. On the 1st day of each month, we'll be introducing you to the month's prompt and the books team members each plan to read, along with some other suggested reads we think you'll love. Of course, these are just ideas so please feel free to interpret the prompts however you wish!

We're also inviting you to share photos and mini reviews of your book club picks on social media using #bookshelfbookclub and tag @bloggersbookshelf on Instagram.

Our prompt for April is... A Non-Fiction Title



What we'll be reading...


Anjali's Pick: Girl, Stop Apologising by Rachel Hollis

"I'm not good at reading non-fiction books, but about a month or so a go I read Hollis' book Girl, Wash Your Face, and really enjoyed it. When I saw that she had another book (just recently out!) I knew I had to get my hands on it. I've heard good things about this, despite it only being out for a week weeks now, and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it."

Erin's Pick: The People V. O. J. Simpson by Jeffrey Toobin

"I settled on True Crime for my non-fiction pick and The People V. O.J. Simpson is a title I've been meaning to read for a couple of years now. It comes highly recommended by a friend who was just as fascinated by the 2016 TV adaptation as I was so I'm hoping it'll be a good choice."

Ria's Pick: Becoming by Michelle Obama

"Michelle Obama is one of my biggest inspirations and publicly she exudes such an air of confidence, charisma and intelligence that I aspire to have. And yet, despite her public persona, I feel like there's so much more to her. So you can imagine I've been pretty excited to start on my non-fiction book club pick since I got it for Christmas!"

Other suggested reads...

- Weird Things Customers Say In Bookshops (Jen Campbell) - review
- The Moth (Catherine Burns) - review
- This Is Going To Hurt: Secret Diaries Of A Junior Doctor (Adam Kay)
- The Gender Games (Juno Dawson)
- This Is Just My Face: Try Not To Stare (Gabourey Sidibe)


Use the hashtag #bookshelfbookclub and tag @bloggersbookshelf on Instagram to share your photos and mini reviews with us throughout the month!
 
Follow

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.