SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

The Extinction Trials | S. M Wilson | Review


Stormchaser and Lincoln are doing what they can to forge a life in a ruined world. There is not enough food, not enough space, not enough time... When a new competition to explore an uninhabitable continent is announced, the two jump at the chance. For Lincoln, the potential prizes could answer his prayers. For Stormchaser, the trip might just answer her questions. Before that, they will have no choice but to face unimaginable dangers in a land where nothing is certain.

With a plot like that, it is probably of no surprise to you that The Extinction Trials is fast paced and exciting. It is truly an adventure tale, and one that had me wanting to bite my nails in excitement.

I know that a lot of people have been comparing this to Jurassic Park and loving it as a result but since I've never seen that (I know!), I can't comment on it. However, I did love the inclusion of the dinosaurs, as it made for a really unique YA novel for me. It was like The Hunger Games, but with higher stakes and more chances of being ripped apart or squished. S.M Wilson didn't shy away from putting their characters in real, palatable danger, which meant that I was utterly hooked by the novel from the moment Stormchaser and Lincoln began their journey to the new continent until I finally turned the final page.

This is a brutal and heartwarming book, in all of the best ways. Like many pieces of dystopian fiction, it really questions what happens when a society is running out of options. I'm certainly excited to see what will happen in the upcoming sequel...

Kelly x

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.