SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Features | Popsugar 2017 Reading Challenge Update #5

I can't believe it's November already, where has the time gone? In my previous challenge update post I said that I was aiming to cross around seven more prompts off the list before the year is out and so far it's all going to plan, especially since I discovered that I'd missed a couple I could have crossed off earlier in the year!

My grand total is now at twenty-three and hopefully I'll be able to reach (or even pass) my target of twenty-five over the next six weeks, although I have to confess I'm also already planning which books I'll be picking up for the 2018 challenge!

eating animals non fiction book reading review

A Book About Food | Eating Animals, Jonathan Safran Foer (2009)

I'm not too sure where I first heard about this book but it had been on my TBR list for quite a while and I finally picked up a copy from my local library earlier this month. It's definitely not always an easy read but personally I found it to be an interesting and well-researched one.

A Book With Pictures | Scrappy Little Nobody, Anna Kendrick (2016)

Looking at all of the books I've read this year so far I actually found a few autobiographies that would fit this prompt, including this essay collection from actress Anna Kendrick. The book includes photographs as well as illustrations at the beginning of each chapter.

A Book Where The Main Character Is A Different Ethnicity Than You | When Dimple Met Rishi, Sandhya Menon (2017)

When Dimple Met Rishi was certainly one of the most highly anticipated YA releases of the year and like most other bloggers I couldn't resist picking it up. The book is a fun read with a pretty lovable cast of characters - you can catch Anastasia's review here, and Anjali's here!

A Book Of Letters | Everything All At Once, Katrina Leno (2017)

I'm bending the rules a little with this one as it's not strictly a book made up of letters, however the story does revolve around a series of letters left to the main character by her aunt. I knew nothing about the book beforehand and thanks to an interesting twist I was a little surprised by how the story ended up playing out!

A 2016 Bestseller | Why Not Me?, Mindy Kaling (2015)

Honestly, I'm not very good at keeping up with bestseller lists so I had to do a little research for this one. According to the LA Times website, Mindy Kaling's second book (which I read earlier this year) was a hardcover bestseller in early 2016 - another prompt crossed off the list and I didn't even realise!


If you're taking part in the Popsugar 2017 Reading Challenge I'd love to hear from you. Let me know which prompts you've crossed off the list and which books you're planning to pick up next.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.