SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It: Stories From An Online Life | Jess Kimball Leslie | Review

*Review copy & cover image c/o Netgalley


In I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It, author Jess Kimball Leslie shares a variety of stories all about the internet. From Bette Midler fan forums to working in social media, online dating, the introduction of emails on-the-go and even online pet adoption, the book is a fun and nostalgic look back at how technology has shaped her life.

Whilst I was expecting the book to focus a little more on the history of the internet, including general experiences and examples of how it has changed our daily lives rather than such personal ones, the friendly tone and variety of essays made for an enjoyable read. The book is a fun trip back in time and will be particularly relatable for anyone who, like the author, grew up in the 90’s. Unfortunately the eARC copy I read didn’t include the images which I think will also add a little something extra to the overall experience. As with many non-fiction titles I found some of the sections to be a little more interesting than others but overall the book was a quick, fun read filled with stories that many people will be able to identify with.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.