SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Being A Book Blogger/BookTuber | Interview With Emma aka The Beauty Of Literature

Welcome to another interview post where today I'm talking to Emma, the lovely lady behind the blog The Beauty Of Literature and YouTube channel of the same name. Here's what she had to say about growing up around books, reading the classics and a dysfunctional dinner party...

Header_01

BB: Hi Emma! For anyone who hasn't discovered The Beauty Of Literature yet could you tell us a little bit more about the girl behind the blog & vlog?

Of course! My name is Emma, a Belgian girl who moved to London in January of 2014. I’m obsessed with books, reality TV and chai lattes from Costa.

BB: Where does your passion for reading come from and what made you decide to start a blog & YouTube channel?

My passion for books comes mostly from my parents. I grew up in a house filled with books with the motto “you can never have too many books” (though I feel my parents might regret that right now). I decided to start my blog last summer, because I was down with a knee injury. I couldn’t walk at all, so I read a lot and decided to share my love for the books I was reading with other people. I was looking for a great blog with long, in-depth, reviews of not just YA books, but also classics and couldn’t find that many - so I decided to start my own! I decided to Youtube, because I saw everyone else do it. I secretly always wanted to do it but was too scared to be in front of a camera - thankfully I lost that fear completely now.

IMG_1785

BB: We noticed that you are taking part in a 2015 Classics Challenge. Which classic read has been your favourite so far?

This is slightly cheating, because it is my July/August classic, but Gone with the Wind. I absolutely adore it so far (I’m “only” 200 pages in) and I can’t imagine finding another classic I’ll fall in love with so much.

BB: We also really enjoyed your vlog from Stoke Newington Literary Festival. What was your favourite part of the festival?

Thank you! My favourite part of the festival was seeing the whole community of Stoke Newington coming together and loving books. I honestly met so many wonderful people that were incredibly helpful and eager to share their love for books.

BB: We're always looking for book recommendations to share, which book or series do you think our readers should know about?

This is hard! As mentioned before, definitely Gone with the Wind. I also adore the Percy Jackson series, which should be way more popular in the UK! If you want your heart broken by a book, I would suggest Only Ever Yours by Louise O’Neill or/and We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. I haven’t been able to forget both those books ever since I’ve read them!

BB: Just for fun, if you could host a dinner party for 5 fictional characters who would you invite?

(I took way too long to answer this question and realise I’ll have a crazy dysfunctional evening!)
Scarlett O’Hara
Daisy Buchanan
Holden Caulfield
Percy Jackson
Peter Pan

IMG_1992

BB: Finally, we're always looking for new book blogs and YouTube channels to follow, do you have any favourites?

I have loads! I particularly love booksandquills on YouTube, but it’s safe to assume everyone already follows her. I’m not good at finding new people on Youtube, so I’d love some suggestions.
Other bloggers I like include (twitter names) @Lucythereader, @yayeahyeah, @book_magpie, @Chelleytoy,… I could go on and on!

Where to find Emma online: Blog | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr

I'd like to say a huge thank you from all of us here at BB to Emma for taking part in this interview. If you are a booktuber or book blogger and would like to be featured in a similar post we'd love to hear from you - just email us at bloggersbookshelf@gmail.com for information!

Images c/o Emma

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.